THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Hahaha, I don't know but I just LOVE him to death already! I got him from my sister in law's sister (confused?) lol, and she has his parents. I wanted more than one but he was the only one left. Luckily, there are 12 more eggs that she is going to hatch for me so I should be able to bring a few more of them home with me in a few weeks.
jumpy.gif
My DH is going to kill me! LOL.

I have some blues in the incubator right now. I really hope they hatch out because Le Pouf is lonely. I have to keep him by himself because the others are fascinated with his hairdo and like to pluck him bald.

I didn't plan on raising any more Polish, but I just fell in love with the little clown. Now I want some in every color!

I have some blues in the incubator right now. I really hope they hatch out because Le Pouf is lonely. I have to keep him by himself because the others are fascinated with his hairdo and like to pluck him bald.

I didn't plan on raising any more Polish, but I just fell in love with the little clown. Now I want some in every color!
I don't know about Polish chickens and their personality. Are they clowns? Must know must know.....

I just have the one right now, but he provides more than his fair share of entertainment. I think a lot of his behavior is due to not being able to see thru all those extra feathers on his head. He hops straight up and down all the time. It is hysterical to watch him. He sometimes gets a few feet off the ground. He is a big pet though. He answers when I call his name and seems to enjoy being carried around.

She's buff orpington- very easy going, never pecks my hand when I check underneath her. So when we got home with the chicks I thought i'd bring one out to try with her- she went crazy!

I really want HER to raise these...I guess I can risk one. Maybe tomorrow night slip in a few more?

I really have no idea...
She killed it....

My Momma hen is hatching as we speak. I went out to feed this morning and she was was making all kinds of clucking sounds, like she was encouraging them to hatch, at least one is is out. I'm at work and she is in the coop, she hasn't been the best of moms in the past, so I hope she doesn't leave the nest, because babies will not be able to get out. Maybe it will be okay she still had 4 unhatched this morning

AmyLou- I love the polish baby. His hair-do is great.
Buff01- I am so sorry that she killed it. It would break my heart.

I have 5 hatching dates for this month now. What in the world was I thinking? Oh I know.. I love my fuzzy butts! I am trying to avoid candling again until next week right before lock down. It will be so exciting to see how many new babies I will get. It seems like 21 days is a long time some days.

Back
Top Bottom