THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Well it is with 5 hatch dates just this month alone I am very busy. I get woke up last night to my son telling me that I had a cat deliver 5 kittens. So this is definitely a month for babies here for us.
wee.gif
I hope to get some pictures here soon. Also I have come up with a way to set the bator with eggs to hatch for camp. I will be using the office at the camp grounds to set up the bator. That way I don't have to move it.

Well it is with 5 hatch dates just this month alone I am very busy. I get woke up last night to my son telling me that I had a cat deliver 5 kittens. So this is definitely a month for babies here for us.
wee.gif
I hope to get some pictures here soon. Also I have come up with a way to set the bator with eggs to hatch for camp. I will be using the office at the camp grounds to set up the bator. That way I don't have to move it.
You have the incubating disease bad!
gig.gif

I'm heartbroken...snake got into my chicken house today and ate all the eggs under my broody. This was the second clutch she tried to hatch. She's still sitting and she's been broody for a long time. Will she get up without any eggs hatching under her? I tried to pick her up but she settled right back down onto nothing. Ugh, so frustrated.
barnie.gif

I'm heartbroken...snake got into my chicken house today and ate all the eggs under my broody. This was the second clutch she tried to hatch. She's still sitting and she's been broody for a long time. Will she get up without any eggs hatching under her? I tried to pick her up but she settled right back down onto nothing. Ugh, so frustrated.
barnie.gif
Oh no that is so sad.... I'm sorry. Wish you were closer I'd give you some of my started eggs to put under her :(

barnie.gif

Oh no! So sorry! That poor mama hen!
hugs.gif

Ok, here are a couple of pictures..kids and chicks....
One of my many grand children :)
Another grand child. :)

I placed my broody hen into the just made chicken tractor, where she continues enjoying the broody process. (to each their own) Mean while, back in the communal nest boxes, peace reigned for all of 36 hours, when two more hens went broody.
roll.png
So I am getting NO eggs, and the other hens, the few who are laying, have no where to lay, except under bushes and in the grass.
he.gif

Stacking is not for me! I'll never do that again. Couple of eggs cracked in the process of tilting, causing one to leak out, and I didn't catch it until the odor came about! Stinky!
sickbyc.gif
Ended up washing the bator in diluted tea tree oil then dipping the eggs in the tea tree oil solution to kill the bacteria and remove the stench so I could be sure there weren't any rotten eggs left in the incubator. Typically I HATE the smell of tea tree oil... last night it was a blessing!

Hmmm, bet I could dig up a few pictures of my kiddos with chicks. Found a goose with boy picture...

does this picture even qualify for the contest? The rules say chick or chicken, and a goose isn't either of those. It is ok if it doesn't qualify.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom