The Mystery Roo and the rest of the flock UPDATED PHOTOS! L@@K

Good Morning all.

I captured a little better shots of the Mystery Roo. Yes, it is definately a roo. He was crowing and crowing this morning. Like I said, his head is soooooooo different from the other 26 all shipped together. Why? is he so different. Will he get a comb?

Here he is front and center:

100_3368.jpg

100_3369.jpg

100_3371.jpg

He's a perfectly normal looking Dark Cornish. Actually he's less extreme looking than many I've seen. He has a pea comb, it will get bigger but will not have the fingers like a single comb does.
smile.png

Are you sure? I didn't order cornish.

Would the hatchery throw in something different than what you ordered?

I paid for 25 peeps and got 27 so I guess he was one of the add ons!

packing peanuts LOL!
That's a good one! Yeah and like I needed "extra roos"

So I will have to tell DH that his beloved Rocky the Rooster is a packing peanut!

Too bad, everyone fussed over that peep. As you can see in the photo he was different right from the beginning!

It looks like you have them sexed correctly. I was reading thru this and thought the black one is a dark cornish too. I don't see any araucana or ameraucana..those are all easter eggers. If you ordered from a hatchery, they do not offer pure bred araucana/ameraucana, altho they do mislabel them as such. The reds have really nice looking color. The buff colored EEs are so cute too! I like how they were checking you out when you took the pic.
smile.png

Jody

It has been quite a few years since I had chickens. I had cochins and golden comet hens years ago.
This has been my first venture back in the chicken world.

I have been trying to familiarize myself with the different breeds, and I very quickly realized what the hatchery called Auraucana was indeed Ameracauna or the EE.

I absolutely get the Auraucana but I am still very confused at the difference between the Ameraucana and the EEs. I even read the wonderful link someone provided on this board and they still kind of sound the same to me?????

So that means Cora and Pricilla (buff) are EEs and Sherman (roo on the perch) and Elvis (golden roo) are EE roosters?

You should have seen the one the hawk got! He was stunning! He was all white with big brown splashes on him. He also was getting the fluffy stuff around his face.

Back
Top Bottom