-The Mythics RP-

Ember's wing echoed magnificently as she ascended the Quicksilver's foremast, relishing the burning in the feathered muscles as she drove straight up through the cool, harbor air.
The sun was hanging in a mid-morning sky, having chased the fog away completely, devouring the wispy reminiscence of mist that had lingered beneath the solid, more puffy clouds.
The Harpy dropped onto the highest yard of the mast, bracing a hand against the cold, dark wood.
The indignity she had suffered in the powder chamber still left a lingering sense of shame, which only empowered rage. Her pride battling relentlessly against it- all functions of her mind wanted nothing more than to stomp it out.
Glossy black feathers folded around her arms, encompassing her frame to buffer the wind against her pale skin. Ember folded her arms across her chest, tight beneath the loose, ruffling wings.
The new First Mate was smarter than she had thought. It had proven to her advantage only in the moment, but what about in the future? If he was smart enough to compromise her position, to get beneath the captain's folds.
Not to mention Vhanya had fallen for her bluff as easily as the rest of the crew. Ember had assumed up until that moment that the Captain was either overconfident in her decisions, or at least had a sense of who she was putting into positions on the ship.
Although, either of those possibilities still stood.
Perhaps I should have just drawn the knife. Ember thought bitterly. Me, miscalculating like that. Unacceptable. I have to be more cautious. I have to play my cards right.
Her expression hardened, she scowled out over the cove.
is it bad that I am scared of Ember and she is only words on my screen? 😭

(Me procrastinating everything I was actually supposed to be doing today lead to this... was just trying to figure her out cause I don't know who's idea it was for me to try writing a new character 😭 I don't work like that 🥲 and thought I may as well use this. Anyway I dumped her somewhere random and generic and I have no idea where she is and/or where she's going so... yeah... here's something :confused:)

Solus waded into the water. The initial cold sensation on her skin caused her to make an unpleased face at the stream. She didn’t quite know what she was looking for, or why, just that she’d know when she found it.

“Would you hush Pocket!” she muttered scanning the stream bed. Smooth river stones, sticks, weeds, bizarre little aquatic creatures flitting away from the strange mythic invading their home. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary. “I’m trying to concentrate here! Your useless chatter is not helpful!”

Sol looked up and gave her surroundings a quick surveillance. Nothing. No one in sight. She bent down aware of the water soaking her clothes even further, but with the sun streaming directly onto her she welcomed the coolness. Dipping her hand into the liquid she ran her fingertips over the stones. A smile flickered across her face as she spotted an oval shaped stone, dark grey in colour.

“There you are!” She snatched up the stone and stood quickly. Splashing water in all directions she hastily exited the stream. Dripping wet she undid a little pouch that was attached to her belt.

“Here Pocket! I found him! Meet Fish.” The only occupant of the bag had been a smooth white stone, but now the wet grey one joined it. With a grin Solus closed up the pouch and retied it onto her belt.

"It's not like I'm having any luck, if I do say so myself," Lupin responded acidically, the "my ship" line not registering until after she had opened her mouth, and by then it was a little too late. "I do better with a bow anyways," she added, more deferential now. She hoped that the aqrabaumelu hadn't noticed her disrespect. She was not planning to go back to the woods if she could help it, and hopefully the captain wouldn't think she was too stupid after the whole knife thing. She tried to square her shoulders, but it seemed more like she was slouching. Lupin bit the inside of her cheek and dug her fingernails into her palm. It felt like the scorpion was already poisoning her, without even touching the barbed tail.
@RDchicken99

The sound of harbor and ship bells rang like a scattered melody across the cove.
Behind the gentle slope of the island's land, the sun had stripped away the layers of sapphire blue, trailing instead, streaks of gold and orange across the horizon. The flame-red ball of light was settled now, almost completely hidden, behind the fiery horizon.
The cove itself was bathed in colors like an artist's palette. Flecks of fire from the shifting waves mingled with the fading dark blue and indigo, broken by the wake and ripple of returning and docking ships.

Ember descended the fore-deck steps quickly, boots rapping quite loud against the furnished wood, and she relished the announcing tune it provided.
A handful of sailors had joined the crew since the morning, mostly Mythics. Now all were on deck, loading supplies and prepping tethers. All awaited now, the arrival of Vhanya's promised crew.

The Harpy pressed herself gently against the deck railing, watching the scarce persons aboard move crates and barrels, a clawed thumb pressed working anxiously against the wood. She restrained herself from scarring the boards.
The parchment journal was grasped in her other hand- she'd already designated and filled a set of pages with the current supply of the Quicksilver.

"Raven."
Her wings shuddered with suppressed irritation and she followed up the movement with a quick stride to the nearest crew member- the human with the presence of a Mythic.
"How much more of the supplies need to be loaded? Percentage wise- I need a time estimate. And have you seen the Captain?"

@RDchicken99
@Isabella6Storm4
@Amer
@-Eridanus-
@-Kiwi- (Lichen is probably back on the ship by now)
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Lacy Duckwing

Shoot, I never saw this! :(

@Blue Raptor
Name: Cyrus Bailey
Species: Human
Physical Appearance: Tall and broad, surprisingly spry. Ruddy, sun-worn face with a crinkling smile. Head of tight red-gray curls.
Personality: Direct, but good humored.

The sound of harbor and ship bells rang like a scattered melody across the cove.
Behind the gentle slope of the island's land, the sun had stripped away the layers of sapphire blue, trailing instead, streaks of gold and orange across the horizon. The flame-red ball of light was settled now, almost completely hidden, behind the fiery horizon.
The cove itself was bathed in colors like an artist's palette. Flecks of fire from the shifting waves mingled with the fading dark blue and indigo, broken by the wake and ripple of returning and docking ships.

Ember descended the fore-deck steps quickly, boots rapping quite loud against the furnished wood, and she relished the announcing tune it provided.
A handful of sailors had joined the crew since the morning, mostly Mythics. Now all were on deck, loading supplies and prepping tethers. All awaited now, the arrival of Vhanya's promised crew.

The Harpy pressed herself gently against the deck railing, watching the scarce persons aboard move crates and barrels, a clawed thumb pressed working anxiously against the wood. She restrained herself from scarring the boards.
The parchment journal was grasped in her other hand- she'd already designated and filled a set of pages with the current supply of the Quicksilver.

"Raven."
Her wings shuddered with suppressed irritation and she followed up the movement with a quick stride to the nearest crew member- the human with the presence of a Mythic.
"How much more of the supplies need to be loaded? Percentage wise- I need a time estimate. And have you seen the Captain?"

@RDchicken99
@Isabella6Storm4
@Amer
@-Eridanus-
@-Kiwi- (Lichen is probably back on the ship by now)
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Lacy Duckwing
Me:

Tay roved
Delete
Tay stood at
Delete
Tay had
Delete
Tay rove
Delete
Tay leaned on the taffrail, callused fi
Delete

Mmbruh.

'I need shower thoughts'

*Stumbles to shower*

*Is taking shower*

*Realizes this is mildly hilarious*

*Is still dripping wet and exits mid shower and must write this because entire being in just smiling with inside joke*

*Is procrastina-

Back
Top Bottom