The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

STRANGE QUESTION OF THE DAY
(There should be an award for that, I think)

I have a little plastic bucket that I love. It only holds 1 gallon, but it is very strong and has a good handle. I can haul all kinds of things in it...just the right size.

But - somehow my little bucket got a slit in the bottom - about 1/2" long. Almost looks like someone poked it with a knife. The edges are tight together, no gap.

So here's the question:
WHAT CAN I USE TO PATCH THAT SLIT THAT IS NON-TOXIC?

I was thinking of some kind of "gum/putty" type patch on it on the outside of the bucket. But I want to be sure I can still put water or ff in there (just to carry them from place to place so the ff won't be in it for longer than 10 min. at longest).

Your thoughts, please!
Silicone caulk like they use to glue the fish tank sides together.

The garage chicks have been moved to a mini-pen in the big coop. Well right now they are in the big pen while I kicked the big girls out. Should I put some of their shavings in the mini-pen or just use what's already in the coop?

Wonder if it will work on plastic? Sometimes what works on glass will "melt" plastic or react with it.
Fish tanks aren't always glass they are usually acrylic (I think) not sure but isn't that some form of "plastic"?

Just googled it seems like both real glass and acrylic are used for tanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom