1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Bulldogma, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Sally8

Sally8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2011
    Hornby,NY
    Thank you aoxa, yes my eggs are fertile and it's been less than a week. Now to separate certain hens with a certain rooster.

delisha, I am so drooling over your coop set up. Thank you for sharing with us. A little dust between friends is nothing! lol

I have no interest in showing my birds but would welcome any information on any breed that you all would share. Thank you! Sue

2. Mumsy

Mumsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok then! I don't want to step on copy right toes so I won't say where I got a lot of my stuff. Let's just say I've been collecting it for many years from many places, countries, and such.
    Here is a little taste. Let me know if this is what you have in mind.
    [​IMG]

3. Mumsy

[​IMG]
    I love the diversity!

4. mbmess2003

mbmess2003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Work in Mandeville, LA
    As an FYI Walt and Fred have been talking about the chicken classes over on the heritage thread.... Like they were discussing before the OT thread shut down

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]
    Here's one I use and love :)

6. Mumsy

LOVE IT SO MUCH!

7. Mumsy

[​IMG]
    Sketch 1 Squirrel tail Sketch 2 Wry tail Sketch 3 Lack of breast development in large breed cockerel Sketch 4 Roach back Sketch 5 Straight hock Sketch 6 Lanky legs

8. Sally8

Sally8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2011
    Hornby,NY
    Oh great, now it's dark out and the chickens are sleeping so I can't take pictures of them to compare. lol Sue

9. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Where does this one come from? (I'm thinking of buying the SOP...) But...I'd love to see photos of REAL chickens that meet SOP...does a book of that exist?

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Show results from nationals would have pictures.

http://www.nsppa.ca/results.html
    Here are some for a regional show we had. I did not attend. It was the same weekend we left to get our gander in Ontario.

Note that the grand champion of show was the breeder of my geese! Jamie's ganders are real lookers.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by