The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

Really does seem like a cold winter! It was 17f when I went out at 8 this morning. Right now it is 19 feels like 2f with 22mph winds. The rooster is just now crowing. He said it was too cold and went back to sleep this morning I guess and just got up.

First egg!!!!!! Yahoo! From our blue copper maran. Not from chicks I've raised, but she's about 4 weeks older than mine :)

Congrats! It is a beauty!

Your chick is fine. Looks healthy, you are doing a great job.

Since  you have no idea of the breed.... it might even be to large. Dont borrrow stress and worry. You are doing every thing right.

Thank you so much! She seems as lively as the others and is eating fine, so I guess I will try not to worry. I will still go get some vitamins though. Can the vitamins go in the same water as the ACV?

SO, it's going to be that kind of day is it?? Come in between mucking stalls, and 40posts later!

What a cutie pattootie!!!! Egg ain't bad either!

MB

Found this on the picture thread and thought it was good for a smile on a cold morning. Anyone know what the heck it is? Probably like the chicken poop lip gloss...nothing to do with chickens!
For those of you dying to know..... this was a quote from the candle company....

"Chicken Fart Candle is a pretty good fragrance made up of grapefruit/mandarin and coconut! Name was derived to market our candles for a local yearly event!"

Back
Top Bottom