The nerve of some people!

Quote:
I would talk with the teacher as well. What if he DID manage to steal/copy some of something you did, and then it could look like you stole his work. MOST teachers should recognize who's been the hard worker and who has been slacking, but I'm always one to cover my own butt just in case. Trust no one!

I'm pretty certain he hasn't stolen anything of mine that I didn't want him to have. I did help him work out one assignment, but for that particular one the professor said it was fine to work together. I figured as long as he worked out the assignment on his own with some pointers from me, it was fine. The only other information he has is the notes I have left at the wellness center.

But you are right, I don't trust anyone, at least not easily! I would like to tell the teacher, but I want to make sure I am not putting myself in danger either. If someone is dirty enough to try and cheat like that, who knows what they are capable of!

You're nicer than I was about it..

In our ANSC class this semester, the guys in front of me, part of the football team, kept turning around and looking at my test. I looked up at them and said, LOUDLY, "You know, if you want the answers, ask me for them and stop stealing them."

They turned around and stopped looking at my work while the professor busted out laughing. I was MAD.

Quote:
No, I think he'll join management----those Ya-hoos don't have a clue how things really work, only how to find people that do.

If your school has an honor code, you'd be expected (even required) to report the behavior to the teacher. If you want to hedge your bets, don't state that he offered you money, just that you're concerned that it seemed like he was wanting you to do the work for him and that the instructor might want to keep an eye out.

You have NO idea how common this stuff is. You truly don't even want to know how bad it really is now. The research in this area is downright frightening. It's no wonder there are so many incompetent people out there in the workplace!

Last edited:
When I took a night class I had a partner who did nothing on a paper. No research, no writing, nothing.
I turned in the paper without her name on it. Teacher asked why she was not listed on it. Told him I would not give her credit for my work. Teacher said nothing.

I would have a quiet talk with the teacher and express your concern for your safety.
teacher might not be able to do a lot, but they would at least be aware of what is going on.

Readers Digest did an story on cheating it was pretty scarey knowing how many of types of people are out there. What is even more scarier is a majority of people saw nothing wrong with it.

Just remember a liar and a cheater is always found out.

Let him have the answers, the wrong ones. He'll probably grow to be a politition or some other parasite. Keep your name and character in tack it is all you have your whole life.

Quote:
Would that were true! But I do think sometimes they get promoted just to get them out of the department so the supervisor doesn't have to deal with them any more.

duc.gif

Rusty

Yup, it's VERY common. I know of people who have been the top of their classes, achieved fancy degrees, etc. BASED on cheating. It is VERY common to pay someone to do the work for you now.

I'm taking a college class right now, and the teacher made it clear that he really hates the theory behind tests and grading. the exams are oral, where we write out a list of 1-50, and he reads the questions... then he scans the room to see if everyone has a satisfied look on their face... if not, he repeats the question... or reinterprets the question, or acts out the answer... and the people sitting next to whoever is still lost are quite likely to whisper the answer to that person. It's very odd, but hey, I got 100% on my final exam (I did study, and only needed the charades version on one question), which boosts my GPA, and I did really learn a lot... so who loses there?

Back
Top Bottom