The NERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA! It continues.

Eggs are missing from alot of our girls. So I went on an egg hunt this morning. I found this cheeky little monkey at the top of a hay stack, with her little head sticking out. She was sitting in a crevice between the bales way up at the top! Sadly, there is a hole in the hay that went way below where my arm would reach. I started looking in other spots, as I noticed they looked like they had been occupied. I found some other eggs from other hens. They are all staging a mutiny in the hen house and laying up here. Oy, we are going to have smashed stinky eggs if it doesn't start freezing soon. There is no way I can get to these eggs without moving at least 100 bales of hay.

THE NERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif
Good thing my Marans aren't pulling this little stunt. But they aren't laying yet.
big_smile.png

Oh my gosh, Kinnip. I laughed at first, but this is a terrible thought! What if babies hatch in there! ? They might be 8 feet down! I may have to go move those bales of hay today. They probably wouldn't hatch but I suppose the hay could insualte them. It would be like a crypt in there. {{{sob}}}

I had a hen that would just sit on the nest, because she didn't want the others to lay in there. Not because she was going broody.

Now she's ok with these other ladies using "her" nest.

Attackchicken, I think it depends on the hen or pullet. Some never go broody. Others seem to have a very strong maternal instinct.

wow sounds like you have one that is a bit of bossy goods huh? I hope she does not think she can get away with that nonsense tomorrow?
lau.gif

I have one BA that guards all the eggs...she sits on them, stands beside them and so forth and chases everyone away until I pick them up and then she gives me a Buk Buk and goes outside. Weird girl.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom