The nerve!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Camelot Farms, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I swear if I didnt love my property as much as I do there would be a For Sale sign up today. My neighbor is a nut case. Some of you may remember the property line issues, the flower picking situation and a few others. Well, here is a new one.

About a month ago DD (age9) came in the house from delivering eggs to the neighbor further down the lane. (Who also happens to be Ms. Crabby Pant's DIL), on the way back, she stopped to leave some veggies off for the Crabby neighbor (I am still trying to kill her with kindness). While she is there, the neighbor tells her that "her parents better watch out cause if something happens to her on that 4whlr, 'they' will come and take her away cause her parents dont take good enough care of her". I should mention here that DD is in therapy for Social Anxiety and Separation Anxiety. I could have choked the ol bat.

Keep in mind that DD has NEVER used our 4whlr inappropriately. She rides it down a two-tire-track-dirt-lane to deliver eggs. She is not allowed to go over 8mph.

So, DH and I roll our eyes and brush it off. Chalking it up to more looniness.

Now here is the kicker...she has purchased a 4whlr for her greatgrandchildren to use while they are with her. She is the baby sitter quite often on weekends. They are 8 and 5. They cruise around her yard on it together and sometimes also have her great nephew on there also. He is around the same age. Tonight DH came in from work and said 'you've got to see this'. I look and see a train wreck coming...The kids are on the quad riding it around while she sprays them with the garden hose. Oh yea. They are real focused on driving and watching what they are doing. NOT.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    What an idiot...

3. TheBarnSwallow

TheBarnSwallow [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Lit

People like that make me wanna shake my head and wonder what gives them the nerv to judge you and then go do it themselves? Does she not realize she is not winning any neighbor of the year awards with her attitude towards you and your family.

Sorry to hear she frightened your DD that way thats horrible way of trying to play the concerned card. Shame on her for causing more stress to your poor girl.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep, what an idiot!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    You need a 20 foot tall privacy fence.

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Moron.[​IMG] No wonder you get ticked off!

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    People never cease to amaze me with their lack of intelligence. [​IMG]

8. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    I third that, what an idiot!

9. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    [​IMG]

Can you plant a hedge of hemlock? Poison Ivy?

What an idiot......

Maybe file a complaint she threatened your DD? [​IMG]

10. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Get a video of nutty neighbor doing that one time...for possible future use...I'm just sayin'...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by