The nerve!

wow you just scared me from ever buying that stuff for my own chickens...
a kid dying against a fence is a pretty good reason not to use that stuff near a preschool or in your own yards if you have kids.

Quote:
It's clearly noted on all their papers and on the website. I assume it would be like that for any elctric fencing if one fell against the fence head first, on damp grass. It does not bother my chickens or my family but then again I have no children. My niece & nefew are not allowed out there but we also have a pond and I belive their mother is the best mother in the whole world of mothers. She would never let them near a pond wiothout an adult on their arm, let alone animals that go poo everywhere or a net fencing of any type. I suppose, if I had children, I would put a study wire fence between them and the electric fence. But that is not what the OP was dealing with. The OP is on rented property and trying to protect her livestock from idiots.

Quote:
Just another application of Darwinism!

yuckyuck.gif
... and soo true!

Quote:
i completely agree. It's not your job to educate other people's children about chickens. And as another poster said "give them an inch and they'll take a mile". If you allow them to come over even once, they will feel they have permission to come over anytime. One kid will tell another who tells another. Pretty soon you will have children coming from far and wide to the free petting zoo.

Be firm. Tell the daycare director that no one is allowed on your property, nor are they allowed to feed your chickens. Put up signs. i really do love that invisible electric fence idea.
wink.png

We keep our gates locked and do not actively broadcast that we have farm animals. If a friend wants to come over and bring his children, i am right there every minute to make sure no one gets hurt, most importantly my pets.

i had a good friend's husband in our yard a couple years ago putting together a shed. Saw him tossing french fries at the goats. i told him that goats don't eat french fries. He said goats eat anything. Obviously he was going off the cartoons he watched as a child, where you always saw goats eating tin cans. But here was an intelligent man who had no clue. Sheesh! You just can't be too careful.

Back
Top Bottom