The Never-ending Raccoon thread. (BOBCAT CONFIRMED PAGE 15)

That is too funny!!!!!!
lau.gif

Beefy, I use the Moultrie 4.0 from Cabela's works great. I posted a pic a couple pages back to explain to nifty the cam.

Did you catch him last night?

have caught one of my chickens a couple of times this way. during the day so it didn't waste a chance to catch something but still, you have to make sure to put more bait in. if I catch a coon or possum(nothing else wild has gotten in) I scare the bejeebers out of them and turn them loose(so far this works). any cats I catch get neutered and put back out. hopefully anyone that uses these traps checks them at least once a day. IMPORTANT.

no, the so-and-so got another hen last night. its obvious that hes not going to be caught. i'm going to pull an all nighter again and blast the son of a gun with some buckshot. at this point i'm about ready to poison all the indiscriminate wildlife in the area and just start over.

Update: as of 11 pm one raccoon has finally been blown to smithereens. i guess the TNT works afterall.

Last edited:
ugh. 1:44 scared another raccoon off but couldnt get my gun out in time for a shot. and thats the one that was getting them too i bet, since they are usually taken around 1:30. its on! screw wildlife.
i went and got the dead one and put it near the chickens so maybe it will at least deter other raccoons tonite. if not they will be caught on tape.

Hope you get the other raccoon! We trapped four nights in a row and got four coons, skipped a night and then got a possum (all in the chicken run). Haven't caught anything since, just because a neighbor is borrowing our trap (something is getting their chickens too). The neighbor has caught 3 coons, and we're hoping that's it for now, so we can get our trap back and set it tonight.
big_smile.png

Be on the look out as there is almost always more than one or two or three close by.
wink.png

well something came back at 10 and ate some eggs i set out. i wasnt expecting anything until 10:30. so i moved my camera and i put some more eggs out and some wet catfood and waited. around 1:40am i saw something in the distance and whatever it was FAST. i couldnt even tell what it was. i waited a while for it to come closer but it never did so finally i went for a drive. down by the woods i spotted a raccoon which promptly high-tailed it and a possum that seemed to be a little bit dumber than dirt. this morning the second batch of eggs i had put out had been eaten, the catfood (salmon) had not been touched, and the trailcam didnt take a picture of whatever ate the eggs! it took pictures of chickens tho so it was working... *sigh*

i wonder if i should even bother killing something that eats eggs and doesnt touch salmon flavored catfood right beside it?

Back
Top Bottom