The Never-ending Raccoon thread. (BOBCAT CONFIRMED PAGE 15)

smarter than a fifth grader.........
lol.png

Good luck catching the raccoon. At least you caught "something" this time even if it was the complete opposite of what you were trying to do!
lau.gif

Nifty,
its a trailcam i ordered online from cabela's. its a Moultrie Gamespy D40. i ordered it one day and it was here the next.

tonite i have elevated the trap up onto a table right next to the pot and stocked it well with halfbaked eggs.

trailcam is placed near the coop tonite as i had a 3 week old magically disappear out of it last nite. i have another smaller trap set in the grapevine where i found a few broken eggs, but its too small for the coon on the porch. i guess i need to upgrade to a coyote sized trap for that sucker.

none of my broodies lately have been successful. i dont know if they are getting too hot or what.

BTW, there is something terribly familiar about your pics.

I just can't put my finger on it.

OH YEAH!

It was THIS:

I was scared to death when I checked the flock and one was missing... then I heard a commotion in the trap and thought I had found the coon that took my hen:

2_chicken-trap.jpg

That's what happens when you leave the trap set and have a tasty treat inside in the morning!

big_smile.png

I use dry catfood. My 7 year old daughter discovered it works when she added it to my trap, and caught a cat the same day.

We have caught raccoons, cats, and opposums. Pre-emptive trapping, electric fence, and my dog have kept poultry losses to 0 and garden losses very low. (Something ate my cucumbers, which were not in the fenced area.)

Back
Top Bottom