The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Phage, Mar 13, 2013.

1. DeannaA

DeannaA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2013
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    I spent the morning on the phone with the post office. After much time and 3 people, they are still telling me eggs can not be insured but each person has told me something completely different. One even tried to tell me there are no rules or regulations of any kind it is upto the person that receives the claim form. When I disagree they just transfer me and I'd have to start all over. Right now I am waiting for someone to call me back from the claims department.

2. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Keep a log of all the conversations. I found it very agrivating too. THe claims area was the worst in my experience.

In my case I did not have the eggs insured. BUt I had used a USPS provided box,and it was crushed, so my complaint was based on they don't supply boxes to with stand their own handling!! I only received shippng back, not the cost of tracking and not the cost of the eggs.

Maybe the UPS does need to go thru an upheaval and get up to date on providing service to the customers. It is a bit of a dinosuar compared to the other carriers. Unfortunately the other carriers don't do egg, but the USPS sub contracts these other carriers.

What a crazy system.

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    The Parcel's have to go through a sorting facility at some point. I've seen some bad video on this, here is one. My Post Master told me about how if the boxes come off of the belt when a bin at the end has just been replaced, then the box has further to fall..plus..look at how fast they are zoomed onto the slide! They look to hit the side of it first too. :/

4. EdenCamp

EdenCamp Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm going through consumer affairs liason now. Not sure this is the same # location you'll need but if not they should be able to get you to the correct counter part. 816-374-9186.

I'm pretty fed up with the lack of customer service, poor communication and training on policies, handling, accountability for guarentees and insurance. With all the biz "our" people give them they DO need to get thier act together. They're crying about losing biz - well act like any other company does - deliver the service promised reliably and competatively - and stop treating your customers like crud!

5. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    I like my p ost master, he is a very intelligent man and connected to his customers. A small town atmosphere. A local chicken breeder has mailed his egg from this po for years, so they were well schooled long before I started shipping. ANd it was that post master that told me the converyor process.

I prefer to post mail here at this little PO much better service overall.

6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    One more...

7. CyndiChick

CyndiChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2013
    Florida
    Ok so hubby said no more CHICKEN stuff... There wasn't any mention of emu stuff!! Woohoo loophole!

8. jnjmanning

jnjmanning Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2012
    Sullivan Missouri
    According to my Post Master, they should NEVER go on a sorting belt. They CAN and should be hand sorted and hand scanned. The belts have scanners that scan all sides of the box except the bottom, looking for the bar code. The information it reads tells time and place of the package as it moves through the system. I have had several packages have tracking when it is first scanned in and then nothing on tracking until it arrives at my PO. According to PM that is "usually" a good sign, means the package is being handled properly(by hand), not on a belt. But human error means whoever is hand moving it forgets to scan the package. Those with little to no tracking have arrived in better shape than any others.

9. jnjmanning

jnjmanning Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2012
    Sullivan Missouri
    Mine also. If my eggs dont show movement he is on the phone asap! I call him with tracking the minute I get it from the seller.

10. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by