The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Quote:
Most bobs (that I have met anyway) are a bit insane.. and can be cannibalistic if the mood suits them.. Coturnix are little egg laying machines and not as evil..
gig.gif

Quote: yeah. me too. nobody will do anything without me taking her in and costing me a $100 office visit. when I called the vet school, I was told (by a student who has now had a reprimand) to just eat her. but they again wanted to charge more money to see her than I have available... i'm still paying them for shadow's stroke last November... and he was only in their care for 15 minutes before he died.

so meanwhile i'll keep on keeping on... one development tho, she seems to be more alert (off and on) but now she's drooling, and the last time I held the water bowl to her, she left a drop of blood in the water. nothing bleeding visibly and no signs of anything in the shavings, so i'm clueless about it.

as for sugar water (I don't have access to any electrolytes or Gatorade right now), i'm using hummingbird nectar concentrate added to the water. "contains vitamins and calcium" so IMO better than just plain sugar water.

Karen, we use molasses for the ewes right after lambing, so diluted molasses should be ok too. Can you dribble water into her mouth, or is she actually drinking when you hold the water for her??

Karen, we use molasses for the ewes right after lambing, so diluted molasses should be ok too. Can you dribble water into her mouth, or is she actually drinking when you hold the water for her??
actually what I figured out, i'm using hummingbird nectar concentrate with "added vitamins and calcium" so that's what i'm using.

The Parcel's have to go through a sorting facility at some point. I've seen some bad video on this, here is one. My Post Master told me about how if the boxes come off of the belt when a bin at the end has just been replaced, then the box has further to fall..plus..look at how fast they are zoomed onto the slide! They look to hit the side of it first too. :/

I was imagining my poor little helpless eggs going thru that. I am surprised any survive.

I spent the morning on the phone with the post office. After much time and 3 people, they are still telling me eggs can not be insured but each person has told me something completely different. One even tried to tell me there are no rules or regulations of any kind it is upto the person that receives the claim form. When I disagree they just transfer me and I'd have to start all over. Right now I am waiting for someone to call me back from the claims department.
I have to ship eggs tomorrow, so I'm going to work them on this end too. I did call, but I have yet to speak to a human!
yuppers... if the box is marked "fragile" they kick it even more!

I still say that Austin postal hub has a paint mixer in the back somewhere .. reserved for any box marked "fragile do not drop"
Exactly! And that how I describe it every time. Been stuck on a paint mixer! uuggggg

hmm Other quote didn't take.

I love my little Cot's. Egg laying has suddenly slowed wayyyyy down, but during ;laying season they are full force layers. Lots of tiny little eggs.

Back
Top Bottom