The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Phage, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA

2. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
  3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I did with other lines, not from the Davis line birds though. Kind of miss them, but then I'd be building yet another pen. I've had a hard time getting my FBCMs to hatch, but they do pretty good to people I ship. This year I have egg eaters. Who knows. Maybe I would have gotten a Wheaten but they ate them all. Stupid birds!.

4. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  5. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Karen if she is on her side can you reach a thigh?? ( FOr the Penn)

6. chickydee64

chickydee64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2013
    oregon
    Arielle,
    Hi, My eggs are due Sunday.
    Under a broody English Orp.
    Amazing how many eggs those big girls can cover.......
    Down to 9 BO's (the ones I really want) and 6 SS
    The rooster tried to set the eggs and in the scuffle broke two..
    then three just flat disappeared................[​IMG] Thinking a critter got into the coop.
    I have two left from my last hatch. will try to post pics. .A roo for sure and I think a pullet.
    Very pretty little things, soft and mellow and nice color.

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

English Orps..... [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have been eyeing hatching eggs for those guys.. didn't know anyone on here had them!...

8. CyndiChick

CyndiChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2013
    Florida
    Off topic I know... but where's the best place to get barred cochin roos/pullets and gold laced cochin roos/pullets? We're thinking of getting a few more (two roos and two pullets each I think) for breeding purposes (have two barred hens, one gold laced) and don't want to have to do straight run orders and order 20 just to get the ones we want LOL (Well... I want to do that because I have chicken math disease, hubby doesn't because he's immune to it somehow!!) Also interested in black and blue LF cochin roos. Thanks y'all!

*edited to add... looking for LF cochins, not bantams :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  9. chick-among-us

chick-among-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas

The very best antibiotic IMO is denagard it is water solubal and is a liquid you put in their water. It is kinda expensive at about 35 to 45 a bottle. But so is loosing birds!! It kicks that respritory crap everytme for me! I have had them literally gasping by the time I found them, bring them in five days of denagard viola! All better! Often seeing improvement after first dose!! Or drink of water!! They have been so ill that I had to syringe it into them they all are alive... Any stressed bird can get that respritory mess. Being sttacked and almost eaten is defiantly a stress, poor thing. Best thing about denagard is you can use it as a preventative also... We have not had a wide spread outbreak of the respritory crap since we Began with that also we clean and spray our coops with oxine as well, then in the fall and winter we run oxine in a mister. Works perfect!! Very few sicklings any more

10. chickydee64

chickydee64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2013
    oregon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This girl is almost 6 months................will have eggs for sale soon..they just started laying and my older hens are broody or have chicks............[​IMG]
    Her front is a little messed up from her dust bath..............

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by