The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

I fee
I've been so defeated this year, buying eggs YAY crappy hatches BOO. I get several to lock down then they just don't hatch. Those 1-2 that do hatch keep turning out to be cockerels. Then I started separating breeds at home and nobody likes there new roommates. My Silkie rooster will not even try to breed the Silkie girls, he likes his lady's large (maran X sized) with more cushion for the push'n LOL after 3 weeks he will at lest show them food now so he's warming up to them finally. maybe now I can get someone other then my 1 little phoenix Broody so I can get more eggs without me messing them up.
l your pain. I bought 12 welsummer eggs and I threw 11 out yesterday. Only one is developing under my little broody. They were rotten. :(

Quote: And LO and BEHOLD I am TRYING to gather some to send her..lol but my blue marans think I am trying to get six not 12 +.
roll.png

Many of my marans were broody until a few days ago . . . .they broke up after I took their eggs because they were not being careful . . . . all hens using one nest box filled with two cramped broodies. . . . .

Love my black copper marans girls. ((shakes head))

I
Many of my marans were broody until a few days ago . . . .they broke up after I took their eggs because they were not being careful . . . . all hens using one nest box filled with two cramped broodies. . .  . .

Love my black copper marans girls. ((shakes head))
[/quoteI'm excited to get some pure Marans and my Phoenix will be too she is sitting on air now lol and her buddy is looking like she will be broody (1egg) but she's finicky, hopefully she will decide by the time my Eggies come so my cursed incubator won't be able to put its Roo mojo on a single egg

Sounds like hygrometer/thermometer issues. I think that if a lot of us calibrated our thermometers/hygrometers, we might find them off..... just sayin. Also, I think that shipping plays havoc on the air cells. You guys should read the stuff in this thread:https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/newestpost/704328

Sally Sunshine is the hatching-issues guru and she is super sweet, but if you go back and read the thread, you may find a lot of help.

She also has a hatching-issues-helping tutorial in her sig line:https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

If you PM her, she can give you a really good link to a Turkey hatching tutorial which is also really helpful.

Last edited:
Just curious how you ship
Quail eggs? Do you bubble wrap that many tiny eggs? Lol
No I cut a flat in half so there will be 25 eggs in each one then I put another empty half flat on top and tape then wrap in bubble wrap and tape so they stay put. Then they go in a large priority box and I pack either shredded paper or plastic grocery bags under, around and on top of the bundle. I try to prevent the bundle from moving around in transit to prevent breakage. Fertility is good here now. I did have an issue with it but now that it's about time for me to stop hatching the fertility is really good. I just had a hatcher full of them hatch. There where a few clears but I don't think I've ever had 100% fertility. I have 2 hens per roo in a cage. I have 3 cages that hold 5 hens and a roo in each.

Are you using the Mobil app or just web view on te iPhone?. The Mobil version will let me "embed from devise" when I use my phone . Sizzle I just hatched from evickery
Congrats. I hatched out a couple like that one. They are Ghosts eggs I to believe. I have a frizzled one and a smooth one. I can't tell very well but are the primaries on yours looking like they're frizzled. From the pic it looks like the ends are coming out turned up a bit.

Ok I am gonna cave an put up an auction...

6 + silkied  gorgeous OE eggs these are comprised of a blue silkied am roo and two OE girls they both have big full cheeks and feathered shanks one is splashed with well defined pretty patterned splashes and one lovely solid blue girl. Both carry the silkied gene and are smooth girls. Thus giving the eggs 75% chance of expressing silkied feathering the smooths will all be split for the silkied gene. These are turning out to be prolific layers laying dang near everyday so you are likely to get more than 6 eggs from these two girls. The splash girl is laying an egg that is speckled the other lays a perfect smooth solid army issue camo green egg.

ALSO I am including

6 + Lavender AM/ black Am pen eggs. These birds have fantastic bloodlines from crystal creek and Shaffer and some ( indirectly, since parent birds came from him) smith blacks. The lavs we are getting are butter soft and most ( of course not all) are fantastic, with correct coloring on their legs...most lay a nice blue egg...some of the blacks lay a little green but I can hold those out if you wish. Giving only nice blue eggs.

Auction starts at 11:00am CT zone and ends tomorrow at 11:00 am CT zone ( my time so I don't mess anything up)
All the normal stuff applies about shipping but I pack really well, and if you have any issue please let me know. Shipping is 16.00
Paypal at auctions end to dfraley22@ netscape.net

Am I the only one who has bid so far on these beautiful birds eggs? This is my first time bidding on here. :)

I have 3 people down for a flat of eggs. After I fill those orders I'll be culling back for winter. Rather I should say processing for us for winter meals.

CyndiChick 1 flat
yinepu 1 flat in sept
llbolen 1 flat.

If I missed anybody please let me know.

My splash hen is laying while the other is still broody. So I have splash silkie eggs and sizzle eggs from a mixed color pen and I have a white silkie hen that has a few black spots on her that is also in the sizzle pen. So I'm gonna do a mixed auction

Up for AUCTION is one dozen (12) eggs from 2 pens, Splash bearded silkie pen which has a roo that has botten 1st place 3 times in BV and is about to be shown again on the 27th and 2 more times in Sept. He is from Bobbi Porto stock. The splash sizzle pullet was shown also and won 1st in the "other" feather legged catagory.

Auction bidding starts at $15 with shipping at $15. Auction ends in 24 hours and payment is expected promptly at auctions end and will be shipped on Monday. I bubble wrap each egg and put them between 2 egg flats and tape that together. The bundle is surrounded on all 6 sides with either shredded paper or plastic grocery bags to prevent them from moving in the box. Eggs will be set with air cell up. Out of the chicks i've hatched I have great fertility and hatch rates but I can't guarantee what the PO does to them in transit and incubation methods.

The sizzles colors are black, blue,splash, silver laced grey and they are covered by a white silkie roo that has a few black spots on him.

White silkie hen. It's an old pic and she was broody at the time.

I just took some pics of the sizzles I hatched lately, well my broody's did. Here are pics of them. I do have a few more that are outside in the juvie pen that are a bit older. I'll get pics of those when I go back out for my last egg check.

This little partridge looks like it's gonna be a frizzled silkie which is showable

This one has smooth feathers and are not frizzled

This is another that looks like a frizzled silkie

These next ones are a bit older and are all frizzled. this one is white

A blue and a white. A different white than the one above

this is a beautiful partridge with a white hiding behind it. Same as a white one above. I just have 2 whites in this group.

The same 2 whites and same partridge and a blue

A view of it's crest coming in

The partridge again, one of my favorites. I guess you can tell.

This is one of Ghosts babies. This ones mother is the silver laced grey smooth hen. You can see here it's crest coming in.

Same chick as above just different angle. I got 2 smooth chicks out of this bunch which are a black and a blue.

The white, black and partridge hens are not laying right now so several of these chicks you may not get any like them. The partridge hen is back in production but I don't think she is laying again yet. She helped brood these chicks along with her pen mate the black hen. The white hen is out of the pen preparing for a show. the black hen will also go to the same show.

The one below is one of the white ones in the juvie pen. It had escaped and thought I would get a pic while I had my hands on it. I'm keeping this one and named her Lisa. Since her mothers name is Pricilla. lol

Last edited:
Ok I am gonna cave an put up an auction...

6 + silkied  gorgeous OE eggs these are comprised of a blue silkied am roo and two OE girls they both have big full cheeks and feathered shanks one is splashed with well defined pretty patterned splashes and one lovely solid blue girl. Both carry the silkied gene and are smooth girls. Thus giving the eggs 75% chance of expressing silkied feathering the smooths will all be split for the silkied gene. These are turning out to be prolific layers laying dang near everyday so you are likely to get more than 6 eggs from these two girls. The splash girl is laying an egg that is speckled the other lays a perfect smooth solid army issue camo green egg.

ALSO I am including

6 + Lavender AM/ black Am pen eggs. These birds have fantastic bloodlines from crystal creek and Shaffer and some ( indirectly, since parent birds came from him) smith blacks. The lavs we are getting are butter soft and most ( of course not all) are fantastic, with correct coloring on their legs...most lay a nice blue egg...some of the blacks lay a little green but I can hold those out if you wish. Giving only nice blue eggs.

Auction starts at 11:00am CT zone and ends tomorrow at 11:00 am CT zone ( my time so I don't mess anything up)
All the normal stuff applies about shipping but I pack really well, and if you have any issue please let me know. Shipping is 16.00
Paypal at auctions end to dfraley22@ netscape.net

Am I the only one who has bid so far on these beautiful birds eggs? This is my first time bidding on here. :)

So far you are the only one! :D

Back
Top Bottom