The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Up for 24-Hour Auction
Starts now and ends at 2pm PST on Sunday May 4th

6 Blue Isbar Eggs
Start at $5
Shipping $16

These are pullet eggs. I have read recently that some think pullet eggs ship better, so I thought I would offer some, as mine just started laying a few weeks ago. I use the skyline method to ship. These are Greenfire lines. They are on the small end of the Large-Fowl spectrum. Here are a few cell phone photos, need to get out there with my camera! Thank you!
So tempting!!

And yes, I am pretty sure pullet eggs ship much better than large eggs.

Shipping Eggs within 2 days of being laid though is by far the best way to ensure they hatch (assuming packing is adequate).

[COLOR=800080]Up for 24-Hour Auction[/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]Starts now and ends at 2pm PST on Sunday May 4th[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]6 Blue Isbar Eggs[/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]Start at $5 [/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]Shipping $16[/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]These are pullet eggs. I have read recently that some think pullet eggs ship better, so I thought I would offer some, as mine just started laying a few weeks ago. I use the skyline method to ship. These are Greenfire lines. They are on the small end of the Large-Fowl spectrum. Here are a few cell phone photos, need to get out there with my camera! Thank you![/COLOR]
pullet eggs are inferior to eggs that have become the proper size for hatching.

pullet eggs are inferior to eggs that have become the proper size for hatching.
There is nothing inferior about pullet eggs. They ship better and hatch better. The chick will develop correctly to fit the egg. The chick may be slightly smaller, but genetics will determine final size at maturity. I breed LF Brahma and Cochins and these chicks reach normal size at maturity.

Nature would not waste its resources by having hens produce eggs/embryos that are compromised.

Last edited:
There is nothing inferior about pullet eggs.  They ship better and hatch better.  The chick will develop correctly to fit the egg.  The chick may be slightly smaller, but genetics will determine final size at maturity.  I breed LF Brahma and Cochins and these chicks reach normal size at maturity.  

Nature would not waste its resources by having hens produce eggs/embryos that are compromised.
I agree. My hen that just came into laying; I've hatched every egg she's laid since they became fertile (her 3rd egg was fertile)

30 Hour Actions - Ends 5/4 Sunday Night 8 pm PST
Eggs will Ship Monday May 5th

Auction #1: 10 Basque: 12 eggs: Bid starts at $10
Auction #2 10 Barred Orpingtons: 12 Eggs: Bid $10
Auction #2: 10 Sulmtalers: 12 Eggs $10

Shipping is Additional:
$12 for 10 eggs or $16 for $24.

Basque

Barred Orpintons

Sulmtalers

$10 on #2

30 Hour Actions  - Ends 5/4 Sunday Night  8 pm PST
Eggs will Ship Monday May 5th 

Auction #1:  10   Basque:  12 eggs:  Bid starts at $10  
Auction #2  10  Barred Orpingtons:  12 Eggs: Bid $10
Auction #2:  10  Sulmtalers:  12 Eggs $10

Shipping is Additional:  
$12 for 10 eggs or $16 for $24.  

:drool. I need to keep away from this thread!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Up for 24-Hour Auction
Starts now and ends at 2pm PST on Sunday May 4th

6 Blue Isbar Eggs
Start at $5
Shipping $16

These are pullet eggs. I have read recently that some think pullet eggs ship better, so I thought I would offer some, as mine just started laying a few weeks ago. I use the skyline method to ship. These are Greenfire lines. They are on the small end of the Large-Fowl spectrum. Here are a few cell phone photos, need to get out there with my camera! Thank you!

Are they guaranteed to be fertile?

wow.....so hard to resist...those muffs! I have NO coop room.......may consider.....

are these show lines? have they been showed, and what have they placed if so?

I have never shown chickens, but I do focus on breeding towards sop. I also just removed a cock that was not giving me offspring that I liked, so now the offspring will be much nicer :)

Back
Top Bottom