Pics
The one with the most splash feathers I had pegged as male, but now, the comb seems more female. If that's the case, I have only two males. The one with the biggest and pinkest comb was the one sitting on the nest divider, but I'm not sure if he's been crowing. I think he was the other day, but didn't see it, only heard it.
So, the buff is named Dove, the first definite splash pullet's name is Wren and if that flashy-splashy one is indeed a pullet, her name is Phoebe. I used to have a Wren, one of Atlas's aunts or half sisters, can't recall which, and had a Phoebe, a Delaware, but neither lived out their lives here so the names were up for grabs again. The originals were named bug names-Cricket, Luna and Bumblebee-so we'll do wild birds this time.

I picked up "Phoebe" today and though there is really no comb, those wattles are quite pink at less than 6 weeks old. Still could be ringer there! They are so cute, but Cricket is getting crabby. She wants out of that pen and this is about the time she began to reject Mace and Iris. We're having a brief winter's hurrah for the next two days before it skyrockets back up to spring temps so she'll have to just wait on that.

Six weeks old and is it Phoebe or Philip? The very splashy one has me going back and forth. I'm veering on the side of female, but good grief, still not 100% sure. Definitely much different from the two obvious males!

There are definitely two males. Its just that very colorful little tyke that is trying to psyche me out, LOL. Probably a pullet since the comb is more like the two verified pullets than it is like the males. I think it's cool how much splash she already has at 6 weeks old.
What do you think of that handsome Gunnar? He's so super sweet. He and Iris are always together.

Back
Top Bottom