The new flock has arrived

its 80 degrees at night here do I really need the heat lamp all nite looked at a post for the wool hen might try that

You can probably judge that by the behavior.

In my Ideal Dozen I used different wattage reptile night bulbs to control the heat and had a 60w in there for the past week because two of my Langshans are still fairly naked and nights were in the mid-60's. At 4 1/2 weeks my chicks are not without heat at night -- it seems that the naked Langshans are cuddling up with their fellows to stay warm.

I stopped the heat when I saw that they weren't under the bulb first thing in the morning.

There's a real good post here on chicken math. The local rural king dropped their 2 week old chicks to a dollar apiece, I did some quick chicken math and now I have 45 chirping chicks from a month and a half to two weeks old Alot of them were hatchery choice so i'll have to figure out breeds later. There will be pics.

Last edited:
1627160869330.png

There's a real good post here on chicken math. The local rural king dropped their 2 week old chicks to a dollar apiece, I did some quick chicken math and now I have 45 chirping chicks from a month and a half to two weeks old Alot of them were hatchery choice so i'll have to figure out breeds later. There will be pics.
Heres a quick pic Fresh grass clippings yummy
1628188409927.png

Any Idea what this one is only one I got with these colors

Attachments

• -399792136420482656.jpg
    -399792136420482656.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom