The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

We were 21, almost 22 when we had our first. New home, new baby, new military career. No extended family near by and it all worked out. I still laugh when I get my birthday note from social security. I had $7000 earned income that year. Of course my rent was $65/month and groceries $30 a month. That was a long time ago.

We were 21, almost 22 when we had our first. New home, new baby, new military career. No extended family near by and it all worked out. I still laugh when I get my birthday note from social security. I had $7000 earned income that year. Of course my rent was $65/month and groceries $30 a month. That was a long time ago.
I get it. I was making a base salary of $4,800/year but worked every bit of overtime available. (Was on a thread recently where someone was complaining about OT. I never refused the chance to work it.) The Princess was making $2,200/year and quit her job to be a full time mom. Rent was $85/ month. Between the births of our kids we purchased our starter home on 11+ acres - we're still living in it. We paid cash or did without. The Princess learned to sew and made much of the kid's and her clothing. In '67 I went to work for a major pharm. co. at a salary of $7,280. I was treated very well there and was able to take early retirement.

I get it. I was making a base salary of $4,800/year but worked every bit of overtime available. (Was on a thread recently where someone was complaining about OT. I never refused the chance to work it.) The Princess was making $2,200/year and quit her job to be a full time mom. Rent was $85/ month. Between the births of our kids we purchased our starter home on 11+ acres - we're still living in it. We paid cash or did without. The Princess learned to sew and made much of the kid's and her clothing. In '67 I went to work for a major pharm. co. at a salary of $7,280. I was treated very well there and was able to take early retirement.

I'm loving these stories! I waited until I was 27 and 32 to have my two boys. My sister had her first at age 17 and I saw how hard that was.

Back
Top Bottom