The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Dear old dad...

[​IMG]

2. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    yeah and his cuteness allows him to get away with murder...:lau

it's 8'here. Brrrrr even house was cold this morning....when the is snow I bank the house it's like a thermos....no snow right now.....:/

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  3. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    So you basically live in an igloo during the winter?

[​IMG]

4. LittleLakePhil

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Yeah with a huge flatscreen....:lau

5. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

7. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Diva, you are such a hoot!

Of course, I don't have much to do with grandchildren....messy, noisy creatures who take advantage of my advanced age. Well, except for Jamie...he's smart and loving and he was so easy to raise, then gave me a new granddaughter and two great grandchildren to boot. And except for Austin - only with us for 23 short years but what an impact he made on everyone around him! Oh, and Little Diane. Clever, beautiful and such a joy to raise along with her brother, Jamie. And except for Katie...adorable, helpful Katiebug is my buddy. And except for Evan - kind, silly, and oh so handsome. Of course, Kendra is an exception...what can I say about a little girl who works so hard and smiles through it all? Yep, except for them, Otherwise grandkids are annoying. [​IMG]

Girls had their dance dress rehearsal last evening. I don't know why they schedule rehearsals from 4 to 5. It never goes that way. They don't seem to get going until 4:30 or so, and it usually ends up running until after 7, between getting the recital the way the teachers want it and some classes doing their entire routines over twice and in one case 3 times. These kids hadn't eaten yet, it was getting late, and there was so much sitting and waiting. Um, let's just say it didn't go well.

Katie did great - she loves dance and although some of the moves are difficult for her (she's frankly overweight, has asymetrical hips and is missing a rib on the same side) she really gives it her all, and it shows! Kendra looked so adorable in her little tutu...and she really loves her dance class too. But yesterday she had a total meltdown. They rehearsed the finale first, and she was sure enjoying it - the older girls knew the dance because it's the one they do every year at the end, but the little girls hadn't done it before so they learned it last night and they did great. She slapped her hands over her ears because of her hyperaccusis, but the rest of her was really getting into it. She'd turn around and look at at Lily, her onstage helper, and just grin and giggle then turn back to the audience and grin, little legs just a'kicking! After that she had to wait until her class was called for their turn to do their dance - and wait. And wait. She sat in her chair next to me and Jenny, bobbing with the music, trying to copy the moves the other dancers were making during their routines, and having a great time.

And then..........after 6 classes of waiting, and a few of those classes having to repeat their numbers because of mistakes.....it was finally her turn. Lily took her off with her class, and got her into her place in line. Now remembering that she'd worked her hiney off walking in that new gait trainer they tried her in yesterday afternoon, no nap, and no supper, when she spotted someone in the audience opening a bag of pretzels and giving them to her toddler to keep him entertained, she lost it. She tried taking off in her chair on her own to go get some, but Lily had hold of the bar on the chair. Lily wisely saw what was happening and turned Kendra away, but by then the damage was done. Lily tried to tell Kendra as soon as she was done dancing she could have some, but Kendra doesn't understand that. Miss Candida, the teacher, handed each of the girls their big candy cane props. Kendra dropped hers. And she cried. And cried. And cried. Their music cued and Lily pushed her to her place "on stage" and Kendra was still crying - mouth open, big over-the-music-loud crying. They tried comforting her but she wasn't having it. So Miss Candida and Lily pushed her back over to us and said that tomorrow is a new day.

As each class finished their dance, they went to another part of the gym and had their individual and class photos taken. Kendra cried all the way through hers, and cried all the way through the group photo too. The plan for the group photo was supposed to Kendra in the middle and all the other girls forming a horseshoe around her. Um, not happening. Jenny felt so bad that all the other girls' pictures would have Kendra screaming in the center, but it is what it is. Miss Candida then went and talked to the other teachers and came back to us telling us that at the recital they were shifting things around and Kendra's class would be 3rd instead of 7th, which should help. I've been assigned to stay with Kendra and ply her with snacks and keep her entertained while she waits. This time she will have had a nap and supper too, so that should help. She was tired, she was hungry, and as Jenny reminded me on the way home, her 6:00 pm cath was late. Ever have a full bladder and have to wait? Yeah. Like that.

So tonight is the test. She knows this dance, she loves it, so it's not like she's being forced to do something "unfair to the little handicapped kid". Wish us luck!

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Poor planing to have the youngest go last. handicapped or not.
    next year will be better.

We will need tutu pictures, pretty please.

9. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    @Blooie

Good luck with the performance, hope tonight will be more fun for the girls.

X2 - you have to post tutu pics [​IMG]

10. LittleLakePhil

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Blooie....you have fun tonight!
    You deserve it with your hectic life!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by