The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I can't catch up on so many pages, but want to drop in and :frow

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Kendra looks very nice. I see in the second photo - the noise must be bothering her. Blooie, you are kindest, most patient person I have ever met. I know I would have possibly turned out normal, if I had , had you as a life coach since kindergarten.[​IMG] At 68, I could still benefit from your magic.

3. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Aww, shucks, Diva....thank you but I think you turned out just fine! I know I look forward to 'seeing' you when you're out and about on here! All I do is love 'em, wrinkles, warts and without condition or reservation. And I'll keep on doing the stuff I do as long as the Good Lord lets this old body hold out.

Yeah, the noise does get to her a bit. She and Katie both have hyperaccusis (and I know I spelled that wrong) where noises aren't just startling but they are actually painful at times. I got Katie several pairs of headphones and she has one pair at home hanging on her bedpost for thunderstorms and fireworks, one pair in the car, one in her suitcase always pre-packed for plane trips, and one at school in her cubby. Teachers all allow her to just quietly get up and go get them if she needs them, so she's pretty self-sufficient about them. She also takes them to movies in the theater because the sound is so loud. She gets by just fine. Kendra will NOT leave them on. So she just does the old hand trick when it bothers her. The first run-though of the finale she had her hands over them, but for the second run-through she was too busy looking around, giggling, and dancing to bother with it.

And now I'm outta here - got my Gramma bag packed, car is running, and I'm mostly dry from my shower. Wish us luck!!

4. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    GOOD LUCK KENDRA AND BLOOIE - trip the light fantastic !! [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Have a wonderful time Blooie! [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wonder if she can take video

7. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    If there's a way of doing it, Blooie will! Heck, even as tech-challenged as I am, can record stuff with my phone. Now getting it from my phone to here? That's a whole unknown factor (but it can be done).

I love seeing little kids' in Christmas programs, those are some good holiday moments!

8. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Okay, we're home and she was brilliant! Well, she wasn't crying anyway! She needed more help from Lily than she has in class, but that's okay. She did remember to put her hand to her mouth, and she was grinning and giggling, which I don't think the video picked up. A little dead time at the beginning, and a little at the end, but at one point when the music changes in the middle she remembered what she was supposed to do and the wiggle is delightful. I hope you enjoy this:

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  9. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Blooie no link [​IMG]

10. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    It's not there? But I just played it!! Doggone it, let me look into it.

I don't get it - I just clicked on it and it played directly from my post. If it's not working, here's the You Tube link - I hope.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by