The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Tutu pics will be coming - gotta run to Cody this morning first! And the funny thing, Eggsie, is that 7th still wasn't last! Lots of dancers and classes! Later, friends!

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    That was our warm weather from last week.

3. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I expected to hear that from Phil, not you OHLD. Oh well, gotta remember, it's all relative and what you're used to.

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Blooie, sorry the rehearsal was stressful for everyone, especially Kendra. Hope the performance goes great. And I'm with everyone else, I want to see pictures!

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    20 dozen jam filled Hungarian cookies, 4 dozen chocolate chip (we'll be making more of them), 4 dozen chocolate/raspberry thumbprints ( [​IMG]). On lunch break right now.

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You've been a busy guy sour! Very impressive.

Do you pass them out to family & friends or do you have like an open house? What do you do with 28 (and counting) dozen cookies?

7. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Family, friends and ME. [​IMG] I told the Princess that I don't think we made enough Hungarian cookies. [​IMG]

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I had to do a search to see what jam filled Hungarian cookies look like. Is this about right?
    [​IMG]

9. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Pretty close. She rolls the dough much thinner, but we use the same 'fold over' principle in putting them together. I am the jam adder/folder over guy. Add a little powdered sugar after cooking, and they are something special. 6.5 dozen of Grandma Wallace's (as in MY grandmother) lemon/raisin cookies, and we are done for the day. More chocolate chip, pinwheels, and lots of butter cookies tomorrow, and then David's (as in our son) cookies - a mocha/maraschino cherry cooky that he tends to hoard.

1 person likes this.
  10. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Phil, congrats to your son on his degree! What an accomplishment! and Sour, I'll have what you're having!

Just got back from Cody about 45 minutes ago...Kendra ate a good lunch with me her mommy, napped on the way home, and when we got here Kenny had the grill lit off so they have time for supper before we leave at 6:00. I have some snacks and a couple of catalogs in my Gramma bag, so I think we've got that covered. Kendra will look at catalogs for hours...loves them. That plus moving her group to 3rd, plus how fast it goes between dances when it's not dress rehearsal chaos should get us through without a meltdown!

As promised, a couple of tutu shots - hope to get better ones tonight...

[​IMG]
    In the lineup for the finale - her beloved Lily has her hand on the chair to prevent escapes! Katie is in the black and pink costume, right in the middle.

[​IMG]
    Kendra with her preschool group. There are 4 preschool groups. Kendra's is the smallest.

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by