The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    And you have friends [​IMG].

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I am lucky - I do have friends. Way back when flying was a friendlier less controlled experience we were weather delayed in an airport on our way to Georgia to visit our daughter and her family for Christmas. As 'carry-ons' we had two large plastic totes filled with cookies. I opened one of the totes and started giving out cookies. We had a lot of friends in a heartbeat. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    You're like Ken with his peanut brittle. One of the things the mayor said after I lost my re-election bid to town council was "Will we all still get peanut brittle every Christmas?"

4. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Yes, you are truly blessed.

Me, I've had loads of "acquaintances" but prefer having only a few real friends.

Bet the answer was yes , but personally I would have given him a silent stare.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    True friends I can count on one hand. Acquaintances are multitude - I am a chameleon who can act comfortable in a multitude of situations.

As for the peanut brittle - a warm smile, but no peanut brittle for the 'tool' who dared to ask. German/Scottish DNA can cause one to be very unforgiving.

6. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    ...y Yeah I've been meaning to talk to you about that...:/....samples people.......:lau

7. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Ah HA! You underestimate me, my fiendish friends! I brought Lisa, the town clerk, her tin as I've done every year for the past 12. I gave Dan, town cop, his and John, public works director his, again as I have done for years. But none for council or the mayor!

2 people like this.
  8. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Way to go Blooie.

9. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Okay, the great unveiling. I've never had so much trouble getting a video posted to You Tube....my computer kept "timing out." So if you'd like to take a peak at Katie's dance, here it is - feel free to skip if you are so over Blooie and her grandkids.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Funny, I love the way everyone keeps looking at each other because they forgot the next move, between them all they can remember the routine. Nice job, and again I have to say very cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by