The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning all. @swampfox440 Happy Birthday! @janiedoe I did ok during the holidays but I need to make sure I’m back on the bike after the rain goes away.
I did not do ok during the holidays. I had so many carbs. Honestly it's amazing that Jim is diabetic instead of me. It runs in my family, not his. He has always been very active. We both were into weight training back when we met, and his diet was much better than mine. (In fact, we dated for over a year before I ever saw him eat a sweet.)
He was diagnosed with diabetes and cmt both in around 2006 or so. We went to a nutritionalist, but he still had trouble regulating his blood sugar. He started keto around 3 years ago and it made a big difference. I think he has gotten bored with his limited diet and the holidays have been a struggle this year. Also his muscle have deteriorated a great deal in the last two years, so he doesn't get as much exercise. I greatly admire him. He is a tough old man. When the weather permits he walks around the pond using a walker. He is very unsteady now, so It isn't easy for him. He puts out a garden every year, does the mowing, and a great deal of the weeding.

I did not do ok during the holidays. I had so many carbs. Honestly it's amazing that Jim is diabetic instead of me. It runs in my family, not his. He has always been very active. We both were into weight training back when we met, and his diet was much better than mine. (In fact, we dated for over a year before I ever saw him eat a sweet.)
He was diagnosed with diabetes and cmt both in around 2006 or so. We went to a nutritionalist, but he still had trouble regulating his blood sugar. He started keto around 3 years ago and it made a big difference. I think he has gotten bored with his limited diet and the holidays have been a struggle this year. Also his muscle have deteriorated a great deal in the last two years, so he doesn't get as much exercise. I greatly admire him. He is a tough old man. When the weather permits he walks around the pond using a walker. He is very unsteady now, so It isn't easy for him. He puts out a garden every year, does the mowing, and a great deal of the weeding.
Wow, he sounds like an amazing guy Janie! I haven’t been able to go keto, but have cut out rice, pasta and bread. Except avocado toast on weekends, can’t get rid of that!

Good morning Janie. That’s my resolution.

Happy Birthday Mark!🎂

Hopefully smoothly!
I’m not leaving my house and I’m not letting anyone in my house so we’ll see. I’m hoping they’ll ship me a new computer. Honestly, I could go to Best Buy or Fry’s and get a new power supply and install it myself, but it’s not my equipment so I’m not doing that.

I’m not leaving my house and I’m not letting anyone in my house so we’ll see. I’m hoping they’ll ship me a new computer. Honestly, I could go to Best Buy or Fry’s and get a new power supply and install it myself, but it’s not my equipment so I’m not doing that.
You shouldn’t have to either.

Back
Top Bottom