The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Add 'smelly' to that list. Will you be able to brood them outdoors?

LOL, I was just thinking of someone's new baby when I got your post sour! Oops
lol.png

Yep, brooding outdoors should work out. Have you had ducklings sour?

It's a toss up between duckling poop and baby poop. Have I had ducklings? There is a strong possibility that if it has feathers - at some point in life I have had them.

It's a toss up between duckling poop and baby poop. Have I had ducklings? There is a strong possibility that if it has feathers - at some point in life I have had them.

That's cool (the birds...not the poop so much, lol)! This will be my first time with ducks, really looking forward to them! When I was growing up, the only bird we had around was a hawk with a broken wing my brother doctored up (and released). My son had a nasty tempered parakeet for a while when he was 5. One day he came running up to tell me "Buzzy learned a new trick". Poor Buzzy was laying feet up in the bottom of his cage. Chickens were really my first introduction to keeping birds and that started just a couple years ago.

It's good to have something to look forward to in the spring.

It's good to look forward to spring even though winter still hasn't 'hit' here. It is supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow.

I'm already planning my gardens and getting my seeds in order, in a couple of months I'll be starting my perennials.

We're supposed to see high 80's Christmas day...can't decide if I like that or not. I sometimes miss the cold & snow but that is one reason I moved to FL, lol.

@oldhenlikesdogs do you carry over seeds from the previous year's garden? We start almost all our garden from seeds so I'll be getting things going in starter pots next month. I've had mixed results trying to save seed for the next garden...some things have done ok and others not so much. I think I'll start fresh for the coming year with all new seed.

It's good to look forward to spring even though winter still hasn't 'hit' here. It is supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow.
That's because my son bought a sled.
I text him with the differences in out temps to that of Albany, and it is sometimes only a couple degrees cooler.
What should he invest in for next year?
Should you all get a collection up?
How badly do you hate snow, Sour?

That's because my son bought a sled.
I text him with the differences in out temps to that of Albany, and it is sometimes only a couple degrees cooler.
What should he invest in for next year?
Should you all get a collection up?
How badly do you hate snow, Sour?

When my oldest was in grad school in Michigan, his temps were pretty close to what mine were in KS. But he got a ton more snow than I did. Maybe your guy will have a chance to use that sled yet in Albany! Eggsy, is that his first sled?

Back
Top Bottom