The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

:eek: :sick 🤢

Maybe there are nice hardwood floors underneath. The house I grew up in was built in the 50's, parents bought it '59. Mom pulled the wall to wall (fortunately it wasn't shag and had worn well all those years) out of the bedroom maybe 30 years later and found nice hardwood.

😷 Same here but the rain started late yesterday afternoon and it rained much of the night so hopefully that pulled a lot of the smoke out.

Oh, big bucks. If he does buy it she'll have to take a lot less than she probably thinks it is worth.
Good morning, Bruce.

:eek: :sick 🤢

Maybe there are nice hardwood floors underneath. The house I grew up in was built in the 50's, parents bought it '59. Mom pulled the wall to wall (fortunately it wasn't shag and had worn well all those years) out of the bedroom maybe 30 years later and found nice hardwood.

😷 Same here but the rain started late yesterday afternoon and it rained much of the night so hopefully that pulled a lot of the smoke out.

Oh, big bucks. If he does buy it she'll have to take a lot less than she probably thinks it is worth.
I believe the carpets in the living/dining room are original to the house as well as the awful drapes. The house was built in 78 or 79. A couple carpets have been replaced.
My oldest son just bought a business that does septic tanks. Estimate for this one is right around $18,000.
There are no rain gutters on this house. Looking at the slope of the yard from the West and East the water runs towards the house. The cement in front of the garage has settled and slopes towards the garage.
They are asking $299,000. I don’t know how prices are in other states but that is high for here.
Good morning, DMC 🐓 has your son had time to make a decision about the house?
I was just talking to him. He’s going to go through with the inspection. I don’t think he will buy it. It depends on what the inspector finds. He would be out the inspection money but it is possible to sell it to whoever else would buy it.

Good morning Janie, DMC, Bruce and whoever (whomever?) else is around :frow

DMC, sounds like the house needs some major work. If he does want it after inspection, maybe he could make a low offer to see if he can get it cheaper.

It's a cool, rainy morning here...perfect for sleeping in!

DMC, sounds like the house needs some major work. If he does want it after inspection, maybe he could make a low offer to see if he can get it cheaper.

Good morning, Debby 🐓
What's sleeping in? 😴

Hi Debby! He’s thinking $225,000. They are willing to negotiate but I doubt to that extent. The central air is almost 20 years old. It didn’t feel like it was working when we were
there, but it was on. It uses stove fuel for heating. In 2008 there was an issue that caused soot to back up through the house. For ductwork, air conditioner, gas furnace and a new septic…$50-60,000.

Hi Debby! He’s thinking $225,000. They are willing to negotiate but I doubt to that extent. The central air is almost 20 years old. It didn’t feel like it was working when we were
there, but it was on. It uses stove fuel for heating. In 2008 there was an issue that caused soot to back up through the house. For ductwork, air conditioner, gas furnace and a new septic…$50-60,000.

Sounds like the house is full of issues, maybe he could find something else with some land.

Back
Top Bottom