The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

He's good thanks Debby this is from a couple of days ago when I put his brand spanking new rug on. Got some vouchers for Christmas so was straight to the horse shop
hide.gif

I've seen another for him that I would like to get, it has chickens on it
big_smile.png

What a good looking guy in his new blanket. You really need to get him that chicken blanket, he'd be the talk of the stable, lol.

He kept telling me he just did not feel right, but he could not put his finger on it.
Then Thursday he said that we better make an appointment to see a doctor on Monday, then Thursday afternoon he said, 'I think I need to go to the emergency room.'
He had a herniated and ruptured blood vessel in his urethral sphincter.
They decided it needed to be fixed last night, He seemed relived when he got home. 
I know I was relived.
Wow eggs.....glad he's okay now.....he just got all the bad stuff out of the way....the rest of the year will he smooth sailing....;)

@Blooie hope there's nothing seriously (costly) wrong with Tam's car. It's nice to have family close enough to come help out.

@3goodeggs that must have been a scare with your DS. If it had to happen though, best for it to happen while he's at home with you & DH. I hope his recovery is swift.

Have any of you seen that Spielberg/Hanks HBO series "Band of Brothers"? It was based on true stories of combat during WWII, in Europe. We have it on disc and it was so good.

About a week ago we came across "The Pacific", a 10 part series also done by Spielberg & Hanks, this one following the Marines that were in the Pacific during WWII. Excellent production, again based on real events and people. What those guys went through is amazing. Seemed to me they had it much harder than the ones in the ETO (not that they had it easy).

My dad was in the Pacific in the Navy at that time and it gave me a glimmer of some of what he must have seen and lived through. For anyone interested in history, I'd highly recommend both of these.

Quote: I Could not go to the walk in or the emergency room because my immune system says,"Germs? Alright! Party!"
So I had to wait it all out here at home.
I so wanted to get on here and talk... but, I didn't know how anything was going to go, and I did not want to be alarmist.

Peeing blood is scary and it could have been really bad.

I played a lot of solitaire and fretted.
He is fine today.
I do understand why they prescribe pain killers, but he has only used a few Motrin. No wonder the world is addicted to Oxycontin.
They hand it out rather freely.
Then again he might have a high pain tolerance,

Have any of you seen that Spielberg/Hanks HBO series "Band of Brothers"? It was based on true stories of combat during WWII, in Europe. We have it on disc and it was so good.

About a week ago we came across "The Pacific", a 10 part series also done by Spielberg & Hanks, this one following the Marines that were in the Pacific during WWII. Excellent production, again based on real events and people. What those guys went through is amazing. Seemed to me they had it much harder than the ones in the ETO (not that they had it easy).

My dad was in the Pacific in the Navy at that time and it gave me a glimmer of some of what he must have seen and lived through. For anyone interested in history, I'd highly recommend both of these.
We have watched Band of Brothers multiple times, I had forgotten about the other series The Pacific, thanks for reminding me.

We have watched Band of Brothers multiple times, I had forgotten about the other series The Pacific, thanks for reminding me.

If you appreciated Band of Brothers, you'll like The Pacific OHLD. Let me know what you think after you have a chance to watch it.

If you appreciated Band of Brothers, you'll like The Pacific OHLD. Let me know what you think after you have a chance to watch it.
just ordered it off Amazon, my husband is very excited, I always enjoy anything Tom Hanks is involved in, The Burbs is one of my favorites, I've enjoyed him ever since Bosom Buddies.

just ordered it off Amazon, my husband is very excited, I always enjoy anything Tom Hanks is involved in, The Burbs is one of my favorites, I've enjoyed him ever since Bosom Buddies.

He seems like one of the classiest guys in Hollywood. Ditto on enjoying any of his projects. Did you ever see that old one of his "Money Pit"? Hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom