The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

:yuckyuck Debby! :lau

Last edited:
What a good looking guy in his new blanket. You really need to get him that chicken blanket, he'd be the talk of the stable, lol.

He sure would be!! Next time I'm out that way I may just have to accidentally pop into the shop! :oops:
It's the strangest thing, my van just seems to turn into the car park of its own accord!

He sure would be!! Next time I'm out that way I may just have to accidentally pop into the shop!
hide.gif

It's the strangest thing, my van just seems to turn into the car park of its own accord!

Funny how cars will do things like that! Harry already has quite a collection of blankets if I remember correctly, so a chicken themed one could really round out his "wardrobe".

I'm afraid he does have quite a collection of blankets :oops:

He has a better wardrobe than me! :gig

Could really do with getting some cleaned and then I could maybe sell them on. At least that would put a little back in the kitty for more ;)

Have any of you seen that Spielberg/Hanks HBO series "Band of Brothers"? It was based on true stories of combat during WWII, in Europe. We have it on disc and it was so good.

About a week ago we came across "The Pacific", a 10 part series also done by Spielberg & Hanks, this one following the Marines that were in the Pacific during WWII. Excellent production, again based on real events and people. What those guys went through is amazing. Seemed to me they had it much harder than the ones in the ETO (not that they had it easy).

My dad was in the Pacific in the Navy at that time and it gave me a glimmer of some of what he must have seen and lived through. For anyone interested in history, I'd highly recommend both of these.
Both are great series. Even for those of us who don't care for the typical "war movies". But being married to a Vet, get to see them all.
wink.png

And those two are among my favorites.

Phil, you have my permission to laugh at me...it's 53* here today and I am cold!

Shortly after my parents moved to Florida, my father 'winterized' the house. He said, "It feels cold down here when it's not cold."

Shortly after my parents moved to Florida, my father 'winterized' the house. He said, "It feels cold down here when it's not cold."

I totally understand sour. It's so incredibly humid here, it does feel cold when it's not really cold. When I lived in Key West, we used to joke about how you tell the locals from the visitors. If it was less than 75*, the locals were wearing jeans & sweatshirts while the visitors were walking around in shorts & tank tops.

When we were in CO last January, the temps got low enough to snow and we barely felt the cold. That's the difference between dry air and wet.

Back
Top Bottom