The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

The Princess and I have been using My Pillows for the past several years. We like them enough that we just bought two for our daughter and SIL for their upcoming anniversary.

The Princess and I have been using My Pillows for the past several years. We like them enough that we just bought two for our daughter and SIL for their upcoming anniversary.

I'm thinking My Pillow owes us a buck or two for giving testimonies about their product
lol.png

Thank you both. I will definitely check out the website and commit to buying one next time I go pillow shopping. Don't be surprised if it takes me a while to go get one though, it is still freezing winter here and I'm still hibernating, technically speaking.

It would be fun to see another picture when they start getting some feathers (hint, hint, lol).
Ok, I managed to squish down the straw they'd stuffed in the access end to get a shot for you. It's so hot here the parents aren't spending much time in the box with them now which does make it easier.

The parents: Mala and Bean

The babies should look like their mother, Mala, as Bean's colour is recessive.

In other news one of my Bourke hens has at least one baby - she must've been sitting on them longer than I thought (little sneak). I stole one of her eggs to give to our other hen as all her eggs were infertile (she did kind of jump the gun and miss out an important step). I didn't want to take a photo as she's very protective and I didn't want her to hurt her baby by accident trying to chase me off, but I'll get one as soon as I can. So exciting!

Our daughter wants a hand reared one as they are supposed to be sweet little birds (they are anyway but she wants one that will sit on her shoulder). Bourkes are only ever considered aviary birds here so it will be interesting to see how they turn out. I find budgie's irritating with their constant chatter, but Bourkes mainly just chill out and have an active period first thing in the morning and again in the evening. Their call is a beautiful twitter so they are great house guests.

Howdy folks
frow.gif

Aaargh, one day working on site and I have some serious catching up to do!

Ouch Nicky I do hope you are feeling better.

J aaaw, those little ones are too cute!

OK, all caught up .. thank you for the chuckles and pillow talk
wink.png
lol

I cannot tell you which bit's which but there are two baby Bourkes in this photo - they are so fuzzy!!! The third egg is infertile but it can stay in the nest as a hot water bottle and gives the babies something to lean on. Pinkie was not impressed but at least she doesn't try to bite me like our other hen, Daffodil, does (I got bitten multiple times when I gave her a live egg). I just get told off!

Morning
frow.gif

J, I had to do a Bing search to find out more about your Bourkes. Such pretty little birds! Congrats on all the new babies! And thanks for the pictures.

The only indoor bird we've ever had belonged to my oldest son when he was about 5, it was a blue parakeet named Buzzy (short for Buzzard). That was the nastiest tempered bird I've ever been around, he'd bite until he drew blood. One day DS came running to tell me Buzzy had learned a new trick. When I went to look, Buzzy was laying on the bottom of his cage feet up. That was some trick all right. We never tried another cage bird, DS moved on to snakes and lizards.

Nicky, hope your feeling better today!

I'm really happy with the My Pillow and pretty sure DH likes his too. Mine is the softer version, I like how I can kind of "mold" it to how fluffy or low I want. DH got the firmer one...one night I got his by mistake and there is a definite difference.

Loving mine too!

Oh, that chart thing on their website, apparently goes on body size and if you sleep on your back or side, etc. But I think there are still only a few results. In stores, we only had 2 choices. The box had a chart, basically based on your size. I guess they think bigger/heavier people need a firmer pillow. We did the same as you and your DH, and I can tell a difference also.

Thank you both. I will definitely check out the website and commit to buying one next time I go pillow shopping. Don't be surprised if it takes me a while to go get one though, it is still freezing winter here and I'm still hibernating, technically speaking.

Do it!! :D

Oops, lost my Jae quote. Adorable finches! And your OEGB girl was lovely. I breed silver duckwing OEGBs. :)

Back
Top Bottom