The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Here are our babies today. They really are all gorgeous things. It's a bit tricky now as they are on separate schedules. The finches still need 3 hourly feeds 6 times a day, but the Bourkes were eating less so I've stretched them out to 3 1/2 hourly feeds and they get fed 5 times a day. So I've got it all written out for the day, otherwise I wouldn't know if I was coming or going! But on the plus side it means we can spend a bit more time with each pair, not needing to rush them back to their nest in order to feed the others. Rosie has started nibbling on the millet we've been offering. She's just playing with it at the moment but at least she's got the right idea. Pie hasn't got a clue but it shouldn't take him long to figure it out.

I have a Java finch on 4 fertile eggs (not sure when they are going to hatch - I've been a bit distracted but I think she's been sitting for about 2 weeks now). Incubation is about 18 days, though it depends on which site you look at - one said 13-15 days. I'll keep a close eye on her as neither male seems to be helping out with the incubation (like they are supposed to). I just hope she can at least look after them well for the first 8 days as if I have to take over before then I'll have to be up all night feeding them every 2-3 hours. Not a thought I relish. But I do want to hand raise them once they are 10 days old.

Valentine at the back, Luvy at the front

Pie

Rosie

Your feeding schedule is definitely one to keep written down! You've done a great job with all the babies, they're looking good. Do the finches and the Bourkes eat the same thing? That little Rosie picture with her eyes shut is something else
love.gif

I hope your Java finch mama can look after her new ones when they first hatch, give you a bit of a break.

Good morning all!

Morning to you DMC!

What's your weather doing? Ours seemed funny last night...first there was a big boom of thunder, it started raining like crazy and that turned into snow. Nothing much on the ground but we're supposed to get more today and tomorrow.

Hope you have a good one!

Hi Whoop
frow.gif

DH spent way too long on his feet at work, he was paying for it last night. But today he goes in to have the stitches removed and that should make him more comfortable.

I saw the photo of the car you posted...is that your's? Do you have it back from impound?

I had a parakeet 30 years ago. I loved that bird so much! Had her from the moment she was weaned. Died unexpectedly from being egg bound. I cried for 3 days straight and I was 17! She was able to talk and would sit in the kitchen window calling "Here kitty, kitty, kitty" Truly one of the family as she had full run of the house. (yes we did pick up a lot of poop but she was more than worth it)

28 years we have been together, for some reason Wheezer the parrot, knows as many swear words as I do. We have a cantankerous relationship because we both claim my husband as our mate.

If we talking birds, i also have 6 parakeets that i enjoy listening to their chatter.

Back
Top Bottom