The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I had a parakeet 30 years ago. I loved that bird so much! Had her from the moment she was weaned. Died unexpectedly from being egg bound. I cried for 3 days straight and I was 17! She was able to talk and would sit in the kitchen window calling "Here kitty, kitty, kitty" Truly one of the family as she had full run of the house. (yes we did pick up a lot of poop but she was more than worth it)

She sounds like a great bird, sorry you lost her.

28 years we have been together, for some reason Wheezer the parrot, knows as many swear words as I do. We have a cantankerous relationship because we both claim my husband as our mate.

If we talking birds, i also have 6 parakeets that i enjoy listening to their chatter.

Wow, she's been around for a while! Wheezer must keep things interesting, lol.

What a sweet baby! If I had a large home....it would be packed full of pets! (at this point I should downsize to keep control)

I'm not convinced any humans are in charge no matter how many pets
lol.png

What all do you have (pet-wise)?

Right now, I'm owned by 3 house cats.

I have a 16 year old border collie, 15 year old border collie, 12 year old border collie mix, 10 month old 3/4 shepherd 1/4 cocker pup, 3 cats, 3 pigeons, and a beta fish. Planning on setting 12-20 quail eggs for the Easter Egg hatch. They will have varying numbers depending on how many cocks I wind up with.

I have a 16 year old border collie, 15 year old border collie, 12 year old border collie mix, 10 month old 3/4 shepherd 1/4 cocker pup, 3 cats, 3 pigeons, and a beta fish. Planning on setting 12-20 quail eggs for the Easter Egg hatch. They will have varying numbers depending on how many cocks I wind up with.

I think you and @oldhenlikesdogs are in the running for number of dogs per household, lol.

I've never raised quail before (only chickens), are they as cute and fun as they look like they would be?

That's a darn good question. This will be my first year with quail. They do sound entertaining but not the brightest birds in the hen house. Someone had mentioned there are only 2 things on their mind. Breeding and eating which works out fine when I'm looking to eat them and their eggs. If I decide I want quail for pets I'll get a few Button.

That's a darn good question. This will be my first year with quail. They do sound entertaining but not the brightest birds in the hen house. Someone had mentioned there are only 2 things on their mind. Breeding and eating which works out fine when I'm looking to eat them and their eggs. If I decide I want quail for pets I'll get a few Button.

I think you gave a darn good answer!
lol.png

Good luck with your hatch

I think you and @oldhenlikesdogs
 are in the running for number of dogs per household, lol.

I've never raised quail before (only chickens), are they as cute and fun as they look like they would be?
HaHa, I have 5 dogs, used to have 6, but last year we lost our stinky hound dog, still miss him.

Wheezer keeps my days interesting and gives me someone who talks back to me. I've had some good discussions.

What all kind of critters do you have? (dog breeds, etc.)
Every critter? Dogs are 2 Australian shepherds, a boxer, a rat Chihuahua mix, and a boston French bulldog mix, all females.

One cat, one parrot, 6 parakeets, about 85 chickens, 7 ducks, 14 turkeys, 3 donkeys, 12 goats, 2 hamsters, 2 gerbils, about 30 goldfish, and another 20 tropical fish. I think that's it.

Back
Top Bottom