The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Oh Blooie, that's terrible that you have to come all the way back here just for test results. The weather is supposed to be getting pretty nasty by then. :(
I know, and I'd much prefer not to have Kendra with us when the weather is bad. It's one thing to be responsible for ourselves, but when you have someone else's baby with you.....<shudder>

That's true men are color blind - so a woman has to decide what color.
Ken says he's not "color blind". He's "color disinterested." Yep!

Teila, I'm the opposite - I love to Facetime! Lots of times Katie will Facetime me just to show me what she's made or to show me a new outfit or something, and without Facetime I would have crawled to Denver when Kendra was having surgery! Loved being able to see and hear how she was doing in real time, and we made her smile a time or two as well. Now that the rebuild is officially started, keep us posted on changes and new stuff!!

If you guys want to see all the member interviews that have been done, here's a link to the list.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/905602/introducing-vip-member-interviews

Just click on the person you might like to know more about. I love reading these things, Sumi sends them out about every 2 weeks. Really gives you a chance to know the person behind the avatar (a little anyway).

Blooie and I have done them and now Teila too as well as other members you might know.

(My interview was under my old member name...NorthFLChick)

Last edited:
Wanted to drop in a say
frow.gif
on your thread @N F C ! Thanks for all your kind greetings and of course TWD humor !

Wanted to drop in a say
frow.gif
on your thread @N F C ! Thanks for all your kind greetings and of course TWD humor !

Hi TJ, glad to see you here! Drop in any time, you're always welcome!

oh oh...I just saw the photo of your box of chicks on another thread. Sooooo stinking cute! You chose some really nice breeds. Share your pictures here if you'd like, everyone would enjoy seeing them.

How is your little weak one doing? Nice you got a strong 26 out of 27.

Last edited:
Hi TJ, glad to see you here! Drop in any time, you're always welcome!

oh oh...I just saw the photo of your box of chicks on another thread. Sooooo stinking cute! You chose some really nice breeds. Share your pictures here if you'd like, everyone would enjoy seeing them.

How is your little weak one doing? Nice you got a strong 26 out of 27.
Will do!

My little stargazer / wry neck chick is standing this morning! I seriously thought she'd be gone. Was such a long day with her. She's still stumbling and can't seem to eat or drink on her own, but wow, she is fully upright and chirping. Hope to post some pics of the chicks today.

Will do!

My little stargazer / wry neck chick is standing this morning! I seriously thought she'd be gone. Was such a long day with her. She's still stumbling and can't seem to eat or drink on her own, but wow, she is fully upright and chirping. Hope to post some pics of the chicks today.

A long time ago I read through a post about wry neck...seems the OP had luck with vitamins, maybe other treatments? Have you found info here on BYC to help you out with your little one? Hope she makes it.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

A long time ago I read through a post about wry neck...seems the OP had luck with vitamins, maybe other treatments? Have you found info here on BYC to help you out with your little one? Hope she makes it.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!
Yep. I found some posts and then started a thread and got advice. Unfortunately, I can't get to TSC until lunchtime today and so hopefully as long as I keep watering her and giving her bits of food, it will be enough to keep her strength up. She really wants to be held too. If I cup her into my hands, she relaxes quickly and sleeps. At the least, I feel like giving her some comfort if she isn't going to make it seems helpful. Stops her form flopping about, which I'm sure saves her energy too. It seems that if she was injured in travel, she simply may not make it. But, if this is caused by vitamin deficiency, then getting her some Nutri Drench or Poly Vi Sol may do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom