The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Well, she's still hard at it.....this was the kitchen.

This is the kitchen now...she still has to clean and paint around the windows and decide what to do with the cabinets that have no doors, but what a difference!

A gas leak, Debby? Wow! Just what you needed! But finding and correcting that is critical and I'm so glad they found it before you opened!

Go Tammy! The white cabinets look great!

Have another quail update. I had to put the unwell chick in the incubator and leave him. Checked on him at lunch and he has a little buddy running around in there with another half hatched egg rocking and rolling! I'm shocked since I'm at 21 days. Quail are fickle little buggers, aren't they?

That's great Dawn!

Debby, if I didn't have a regular full time job that requires me to be here, I'd be down there working for you. I am dying for a change of scenery!
he.gif
Time to retrain into something new. I've lost interest in my current situation of nearly 9 years.

I don't know where you'd sleep, but I'd take you up on the offer
big_smile.png

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It was inevitable that after 3 overnight feather explosions Crystal would start to show that she is moulting and yep, she is looking a little moth eaten
wink.png

Friday I too had to Google ‘Whisps’ .. Being a cheese lover, I think I will have to try those one day if I get a chance.

J how is TC Cook treating you? Hopefully all is OK.

N F C your little ones sound like they are having fun and keeping you amused. Yikes at the gas leaks and yet another set-back. Still, it is good to find out now rather than via an explosion. I hope it does not muck up your plans too much.

Blooie Tam’s kitchen looks awesome!

Dawn that cupboard idea is a great one! How cute that your little quail found an incubator buddy
wink.png

Hubby is off work today and headed down to Townsville for more coop supplies, then hopefully 4.5 days of work might see it chicken ready
fl.gif
I will keep you posted with progress pics.

J, you do a remarkable job with your teeny-tiny birds. Nice to know they are doing well
thumbsup.gif

Good morning everyone!

My little ones are doing well. I swear every time I look at them, they're taller and their little tail feathers are sticking out more. One of the Welsummers is practicing her dust bathing, which always makes the others gather around to watch. They've figured out the plastic tunnel I put in their brooder is fun to jump on and this morning one of them was sleeping inside of it.

The gas company came out yesterday to put in a line to the big smokers we bought for the golf course restaurant and found problems. Apparently there are gas leaks all over the place and now we aren't sure we'll have the restaurant open Saturday when the season starts. Better to find out now then once the whole place blows up but a real concern right now. And there's a leak in the men's room plumbing so the bathrooms are inoperable as of now.

One step at a time, we'll get there.
Sorry about the setbacks, but be thankful they found the leaks and can get those fixed. Maybe have crackers/snacks for sell so the golfers can buy those for now? Maybe peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chips?

The men won't be upset about the BR problem...Ooops, looks like your course may not have the bushes and woods ours have
lau.gif
. So you'll have to have a unisex BR for awhile?

Geez - can't hire anyone with quality and now all this, so sorry Debby
hugs.gif
. ( jokes are an attempt to cheer you up). Things at the course have to improve soon.

Glad the new babies are doing well - sounds like the Welsummer is a smart chick.

Well, she's still hard at it.....this was the kitchen.

This is the kitchen now...she still has to clean and paint around the windows and decide what to do with the cabinets that have no doors, but what a difference!

A gas leak, Debby? Wow! Just what you needed! But finding and correcting that is critical and I'm so glad they found it before you opened!
It's often a dilemma to paint wooden cabinets, but personally I love painted kitchen cabinetry - she / y'all have done a great job.

My opine for what it's worth: If she is neat and has pretty plates - then leave those cabinets open. But if she's like me and wants maximum storage add something to hide the mess:)
If she plans curtains on the windows, use the same fabric over those shelves, a tie back ( fabric or metal) would be pretty. She could leave the curtains in front of the open cabinets open for daily use and close them up when guests are expected?

I have previously glassed cabinets on each side of my sink. I removed the glass and placed fabric behind those. Only DH and Buddy know how messy those insides are
wink.png

Debby, if I didn't have a regular full time job that requires me to be here, I'd be down there working for you. I am dying for a change of scenery!
he.gif
Time to retrain into something new. I've lost interest in my current situation of nearly 9 years.
Life's too short to stay in a position you don't love.....go for it, make a change
big_smile.png

Y'all wanted to see what the fondant monster created, well, here it is. She calls it "Sugar Overload."

That is so cute, I luv it. Why not post it as an entry in the Edible Easter contest - its pretty and creative. You have until midnight tonite
yippiechickie.gif
That's wonderful!! Yes, post it over on the Edible Easter contest! She did such a good job!!

I'll pass on everyone's kind words to Tam. She's worked so hard - today she went to the hardware store in town and Cheryl (the owner/manager) said, "Hey, you're a little late today. Whatcha doing now, prepping or painting?" Actually she was there to pick up replacement outlet cover that cracked when she put it back over the outlet.
roll.png
She's not into the country look, despite the old, country house. But when she was here this morning she said she'd decided that left open like that, those open cabinets would be a great place to put her cookbooks -they'll go in the big one next to the stove - and in the smaller one she'll put the vases she's collected over the years. So that should look really nice.

Ken had his followup appointment yesterday and the surgeon is more than pleased with his progress. Gave him his physical therapy protocols so now we have to decide whether to choose a place in Lovell or travel over to Powell. That decision will be left totally to Ken, but any PT he schedules will have to be done in the afternoons after Kendra is picked up.

And now for the big news! Kendra went with us yesterday because Ken's appointment was up in Billings smack dab in the middle of Kendra's day with us. Well, he can't pick her up, and it's starting to wear on me, so I taught her how to get in the car from her wheelchair all by herself! (Well, not ALL by herself - my hand is never far from her hiney just in case) We have one of those 'as-seen-on-TV" helper thingies that you put in the latch of the car door to assist with getting in.....one of the very rare TV products like that which actually WORK. I love them. Anyway, I sneaked her outside while Grampa got shaved and packed her catheter bag. I stuck that little device in the latch of the van door and showed her how to grab it. I said, "Time to get in your carseat." Then I had her stand up on the footrest of her chair, grab that handle with her right hand and the armrest of the seat with her left, and after working her legs to show her how to take the step from the footrest to the floor of the van, she DID it! She pulled herself right up! She's known for several months how to get herself seated in the car seat, so it was just a matter of helping her turn around once she was in the van and getting herself in. Oh, I got so excited and praised her to high heaven!! She sat in her seat with a big grin on her face, clapping and saying, "We did it!" Then I reversed the process, telling her, "Okay, time to get in your wheelchair." We did a complete exchange of chair-to-seat sets 3 times, and she didn't need any help at all after that. She'd set the chair's brakes, pull herself up into the van, turn around, get in her carseat, then wait for the fuss! It just took a few minutes to teach her!

When we got ready to leave, I let her do it. Tough old Grampa just stood there with his mouth hanging open, totally speechless!! It's easier to show than to explain, so I'm going to get it on video. I can't wait to show Miss Cindi, her PTherapist! I knew she could do it...the hardest part is knowing when she's ready to try something new and capitalizing on it....I"m so proud of her. You have NO idea what this means...no more chest and back discomfort lifting her and twisting her to get in position for the carseat sounds like a bit of heaven to me!

Wow that cake looks good - I'd start by eating the flowers, then the bunnies, then offering strawberries to anyone (I am not a strawberry person) What kind of cake is inside?

That's wonderful!!  Yes, post it over on the Edible Easter contest!  She did such a good job!!  

I'll pass on everyone's kind words to Tam.  She's worked so hard - today she went to the hardware store in town and Cheryl (the owner/manager) said, "Hey, you're a little late today.  Whatcha doing now, prepping or painting?" Actually she was there to pick up replacement outlet cover that cracked when she put it back over the outlet.  :rolleyes:   She's not into the country look, despite the old, country house.  But when she was here this morning she said she'd decided that left open like that, those open cabinets would be a great place to put her cookbooks -they'll go in the big one next to the stove - and in the smaller one she'll put the vases she's collected over the years.  So that should look really nice.

Ken had his followup appointment yesterday and the surgeon is more than pleased with his progress.  Gave him his physical therapy protocols so now we have to decide whether to choose a place in Lovell or travel over to Powell.  That decision will be left totally to Ken, but any PT he schedules will have to be done in the afternoons after Kendra is picked up.

And now for the big news!  Kendra went with us yesterday because Ken's appointment was up in Billings smack dab in the middle of Kendra's day with us.  Well, he can't pick her up, and it's starting to wear on me, so I taught her how to get in the car from her wheelchair all by herself!  (Well, not ALL by herself - my hand is never far from her hiney just in case)  We have one of those 'as-seen-on-TV" helper thingies that you put in the latch of the car door to assist with getting in.....one of the very rare TV products like that which actually WORK.  I love them.  Anyway, I sneaked her outside while Grampa got shaved and packed her catheter bag.  I stuck that little device in the latch of the van door and showed her how to grab it.  I said, "Time to get in your carseat."  Then I had her stand up on the footrest of her chair, grab that handle with her right hand and the armrest of the seat with her left, and after working her legs to show her how to take the step from the footrest to the floor of the van, she DID it!  She pulled herself right up!  She's known for several months how to get herself seated in the car seat, so it was just a matter of helping her turn around once she was in the van and getting herself in.  Oh, I got so excited and praised her to high heaven!!  She sat in her seat with a big grin on her face, clapping and saying, "We did it!"  Then I reversed the process, telling her, "Okay, time to get in your wheelchair."  We did a complete exchange of chair-to-seat sets 3 times, and she didn't need any help at all after that.  She'd set the chair's brakes, pull herself up into the van, turn around, get in her carseat, then wait for the fuss!  It just took a few minutes to teach her!

When we got ready to leave, I let her do it.  Tough old Grampa just stood there with his mouth hanging open, totally speechless!!  It's easier to show than to explain, so I'm going to get it on video.  I can't wait to show Miss Cindi, her PTherapist!  I knew she could do it...the hardest part is knowing when she's ready to try something new and capitalizing on it....I"m so proud of her.  You have NO idea what this means...no more chest and back discomfort lifting her and twisting her to get in position for the carseat sounds like a bit of heaven to me!

Woohoo! Go Kendra!!

Back
Top Bottom