The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Don't despair you can get under the bed storage thingies, from Rubbermaid etc. I can fit 4 under a full sized bed(used to be called double, okay some actually have shoes in them and some, maybe what others would call junk.

They also have some small units with stacked shelves and wheels, you can fill with junk and wheel them to another room is you don't want company to see your stash.
Oh my goodness! First thing that came to mind was Hee Haw!!
gig.gif
Blues, despair and agony on me!!! Did I mention there are only 2 closets in the entire house also? One is full of extra loom parts so really....there's one. I either need a bigger house or less hobbies....I know which of those things is NOT going to happen.
lau.gif
I'm working on increasing my income. Hobbies are non-negotiable.

I know they say 'misery loves company," do you reckon "crazy" does, too? If so, Debby, I reckon you might feel mighty welcoming toward the course manager at the Eagle Point Golf Club right now. Seems one of the stops on the PGA tour, the Wells Fargo Championship, moved from Quail Hollow in Charlotte to Eagle Point this year, so this weekend, the eyes of the golfing world will be turned on that course. The deluge we had on Monday has played havoc with the course, washing tons of sand out of the bunkers. The call went out:

"All hands on deck!"

No, wait, wrong sport . . . .

Anyway, they've been scrambling to put many, many cubic feet of wet sand back where it belongs, so the place will look good and play right should any of those high-profile pro's land a shot in a bunker.
Congrats on landing a PGA stop! At the same time, sorry for the stress increase. Hope you find some fine workers before the date!

Good morning folks
frow.gif

I really do not know much about golf except that I tried it once and know that I would never be a good player. Definitely did not know that running a golf course could be quite so stressful!

Feather and fur babies transport and flight organised and paid for. Just awaiting their detailed itinerary for the 12th of May! Both exciting and sad at the same time.

Blooie, wrap up warm and stay safe. Wow - snow and a thunderstorm!

I finally moved my babies out of the incubator (long overdue).
Here's Luvy visiting the babies.

And here they all are after a feed. Piper seems unconcerned with the new housemates and they like cuddling up to her (seeing as she's got a lot more feathers than they do).

Our young button quail males finally started chasing the girls so I've got my DD to agree to rehome two of the boys. They got temporarily moved in with the dove who didn't know what to think and promptly flew out of the cage door to get away from those weird little things. It then took me 40 minutes of quiet coaxing to get her back in the cage (this is in our small office room but there are lots of high places to perch). Eventually she ended up on my head which I put right by the door and my DD guided her in. So that was fun! My thigh muscles haven't had such a workout getting up and down off chairs to try and catch her!!! She earned her name though - her name is "Tilly, not silly". Doves are smart!

Teila, hope your animals all travel well - you'll miss them though. All that talk of cleaning out junk drawers/cupboards - I have a lot of that to do.

Debby, I found this and thought of you (after the other day when you thought you were being whiney):

How are things going? Have you managed to find any more staff?

Thanks for the photo of your local golf course Bunnylady - I'd never thought about sand bursting its banks and having to be put back where it should be. What a job!

Hope everyone is keeping well and out of trouble!

Piper doesn't look much bigger than the bald chicks. And Lovey is LOVEY!! Really cute to see their personalities come out. That of course is due to your great nurturing Jae.
yesss.gif

Stay safe Blooie!

J As always, adorable pictures!

Today I have on track suit pants, slippers and zip up jacket .. it is only 71.5F .. Chilly! Tee hee, I know, I will give myself one of these on the way out
smack.gif
tongue.png

Piper doesn't look much bigger than the bald chicks. And Lovey is LOVEY!! Really cute to see their personalities come out. That of course is due to your great nurturing Jae.
yesss.gif
Thank you! Yes, little Piper is about the same size as my piglets. I've got them all down to feeds every 2 and a half hours. I'm slightly worried as they are under a heat lamp now so may wake up in the night and start yelling for food. At least they were in the dark in the incubator, but it was at its lowest temperature and still too hot.

One of my older Java babies has started to do the hopping dance and trying to sing. It's so funny. I suspect there are 2 boys and one girl. They are beginning to moult so they should get their adult colours soon.

Teila - that's about our maximum temperature at the moment and that's set to drop off next week. It's been cold overnight lately so it's nice to have the fire going, though we need to order some more firewood. Winter is coming!

Back
Top Bottom