The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

outside freezer
Oh my - you will need a lot of baking soda to freshen it up.
Geez, you really need to be resting. Hope you get loads of help with all those chores.

We are camping about 20 miles from home...just a 1 day thing. It's beautiful out! I'm still in my pajamas:D

I read this as you are going camping and wearing PJ's for the trip ;) Glad this trip has better weather.

Oh my - you will need a lot of baking soda to freshen it up.
Geez, you really need to be resting. Hope you get loads of help with all those chores.

I read this as you are going camping and wearing PJ's for the trip ;) Glad this trip has better weather.
That would be a little bit red necky for me. It started out raining but didn't last long so we got to do the whole bonfire thing too. Temps were perfect and no mosquitoes. Wonder if that will happen again the rest of the summer?

:lau DMC!

Yesterday was nuts, lots of golfers and lots of diners. It turned into a 15.5 hour day, ugh. Today it's been quiet as a church. That's ok, I actually got to go home for a couple hours and take a nap, YAY!

Blooie, glad to see you! Busy is good...anytime you want to take me up on that job offer, I'll keep you busy :p

:lau DMC!

Yesterday was nuts, lots of golfers and lots of diners. It turned into a 15.5 hour day, ugh. Today it's been quiet as a church. That's ok, I actually got to go home for a couple hours and take a nap, YAY!

Blooie, glad to see you! Busy is good...anytime you want to take me up on that job offer, I'll keep you busy :p
How do you do it Debby? My son works hours like that and he's shot at the end of the day. He's getting a taste of motel life and doesn't love it...pay is good though! How are the new employees working out...other then you can't keep them off their phones. The benefit I worked at the other day had a mother/daughter working also and both could not stay off their phones:barnie

Good morning!

Going to be a warm one with highs expected to reach 90*. That might not be much for some of you but there's something about this high altitude mixed with sunshine that can really cook a person. Probably a good day to find things to do inside :)

DMC, I only have to do these hours for another 4 months, then 6 months of "me" time. Most people around here dread winter, not me...I'm looking forward to it!

The new employees aren't doing too badly. They're kids really and need a babysitter as much as a boss (3 of them are 16 yrs old, 17 and 18 yrs old). Makes me feel like an old lady some days but they're basically good kids. And mid-August they all go back to school.

Hope you all have a great day, I'll pop in later to check up on you guys :D

Good morning!

Going to be a warm one with highs expected to reach 90*. That might not be much for some of you but there's something about this high altitude mixed with sunshine that can really cook a person. Probably a good day to find things to do inside :)

DMC, I only have to do these hours for another 4 months, then 6 months of "me" time. Most people around here dread winter, not me...I'm looking forward to it!

The new employees aren't doing too badly. They're kids really and need a babysitter as much as a boss (3 of them are 16 yrs old, 17 and 18 yrs old). Makes me feel like an old lady some days but they're basically good kids. And mid-August they all go back to school.

Hope you all have a great day, I'll pop in later to check up on you guys :D
90 is plenty warm for me...mostly 70's this week here and that is just fine with me!

I've got the morning off from the plasterer. He's a heck of a nice guy and loves our animals, and the kids, but I've got a few jobs to do this morning (like move more stuff out of his way) so it's nice to get the morning to catch up.

Our weather is crazy. We are getting gale Easterly/NE winds which are our warm winds, so our temperature is 55-65 F which is crazy for the middle of winter. It's the shortest day today, not that we've had much winter weather so far. I had to shut my bantams in last night as their coop faces east. I put a jacket on to go let them out this morning and I was too hot.

I hadn't been on BYC for a few days then yesterday I remembered I'd been helping someone with their zebra finches who have been incubating eggs. I quickly logged on yesterday to find the eggs were hatching, so that was lovely. My Java finches are incubating more eggs so hopefully they'll hatch. They can raise them at the moment though! I thought they'd abandoned the eggs as my DH has been using the drop saw right beside the aviary, but they have laid more eggs and the female is sitting now despite the disruptions.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day. I'd better go get stuck in!

Sigh, more drama at the course. Feel free to skip ahead if you'd like.

Yesterday our head cook called the substitute cook asking him to fill in because he had a kid emergency. A few hours later, he texted DH with a different excuse for not coming in to work. Today he didn't show up, call or text at all. DH is fed up (as am I). We had to turn people away for lunch today and can't open for dinner.

Anyone know a dependable cook? (Apparently, they're in short supply around here.)

Back
Top Bottom