The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning! Got a ton of stuff to do this morning, then a doctor's appointment at 10:15, followed by more tons of stuff to do. This morning is just the recheck on the swallowing issue, so it won't take long. It's just that having to start stuff, then stop, then resume, is annoying, you know?

Things are getting back to some semblance of normal - or what passes for normal here. Got my lashes done yesterday evening, so at least when I look in the mirror I don't see spider legs where my eyelashes should be. The past two week has been tough on them - start bawling, lose a lash. <sigh> Got the hummingbird feeders up yesterday as well, so hope to start seeing my annual visitors any time now. I miss them when they have migrated out, but I sure do enjoy them when they are here for a time.

Getting ready for sister Lori and her crew to get here. That should be late next week. How do two adults get a place so cluttered and messy? Between Ken's shoulder, my issues, and all that's happened back in South Dakota we have gotten so far behind on the normal day-to-day maintenance that we usually try so hard to keep going. <sigh> Now it's do it all one time.

Debby, so sorry to read about your cook. I only know of one cook who could feed that many that often, but I think she's pretty busy already. Her name is N F C and she's a hard worker so she'd probably do very well if she wasn't already so overloaded! :oops:

It's raining here again, and again, and again. I think I now officially live in a swamp.

Trying to get stuff straighten out around here before I have yet another surgery, I have at least 4 hernias, I could wait and watch, and possibly end up with emergency surgery, or just get them fixed, so I'm just getting it done August 11 unless I chicken out before. :oops:

Last edited:
Good morning Debby, Sunflour and all. I have 3 cleans today and then home to pack the camper up for camping at the Clear Lake Rodeo. I don't love rodeos but my boys like to go and they need a safe place to sleep. Hubby is not thrilled either. I've been warned that I will see things I would rather not see. Camping is in a pasture so will probably step in a cow pie:hmmIt's raining today so I don't want to go to the coop but I have to change water. Awesome on the customer returns Debby...I have no doubt they loved it there!! Enjoy your day off Sunflour. Have a great day all.

I kind of like rodeos myself (but it's been years since I've been). Camping in the rain in a cow pasture? Not so much :sick

Try to stay dry and have some fun!

I would love to go to a Rodeo - but camping in a wet cow pasture would be a challenge :sick

I did ruin my favorite ankle boots in college when collecting mushrooms in a a cow pasture for biology. They were Blue Suede and no one but me liked those shoes.:lau.

Do wear washable shoes :)

I just have to ask...why did you wear suede boots to collect mushrooms? :rolleyes: An unplanned expedition maybe?

It's raining here again, and again, and again. I think I now officially live in a swamp.

Trying to get stuff straighten out around here before I have yet another surgery, I have at least 4 hernias, I could wait and watch, and possibly end up with emergency surgery, or just get them fixed, so I'm just getting it done August 11 unless I chicken out before. :oops:

From one swamp to another! It's raining at my end of the world too and our backyard is pure clay, so it's a workout sloshing through it, trying not to slip over, ending up with gumboots weighing at least twice as much as when I started with all the mud that sticks. I need to go out and feed everyone but I'm hoping the rain might ease off. I think its a vain hope at this point!

4 hernias, at least?! Yikes! I'm glad you are booked in. Look after yourself until then. Thanks for your help yesterday - I was wondering if I should just ask here, though I got a trophy for (finally) starting 10 threads. That was a surprise.

NFC, sorry about your cook. Good help really is hard to find!

Blooie, it's nice to see you back. We missed you!

From one swamp to another! It's raining at my end of the world too and our backyard is pure clay, so it's a workout sloshing through it, trying not to slip over, ending up with gumboots weighing at least twice as much as when I started with all the mud that sticks. I need to go out and feed everyone but I'm hoping the rain might ease off. I think its a vain hope at this point!

4 hernias, at least?! Yikes! I'm glad you are booked in. Look after yourself until then. Thanks for your help yesterday - I was wondering if I should just ask here, though I got a trophy for (finally) starting 10 threads. That was a surprise.

J, congrats on your trophy! :thumbsup

Seems the whole world is getting too much rain lately, be careful you don't fall down, or get sucked down in the muck. We haven't dried out yet from Spring, what a year. Yay for trophies.

Back
Top Bottom