The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good Morning Friends :hugs TGIF!! :celebrate

After 4 days of pretty much continual torrential rain, today we have a forecast of showers :yesss:

It is still overcast and windy but the wind will hopefully help to dry everything out.

While I have had my drivers licence since I was 17, I don’t really get to drive much nowadays. Working from home, besides bike rides and beach walks, the only time I leave the property is on the weekend to go in to town for garden supplies and groceries etc and hubby usually comes with me and drives. The last time I drove was probably 3-4 weeks ago.

N F C I am pleased you had a good time!

It wasn’t raining when I started this post but it is now, hopefully just one of the predicted showers; the radar definitely looks better than it has for days:

View attachment 1164460
I hope the sun comes out for you soon!

Hi everyone - we had a bit of a sad week as on Monday I found our little Squeaky Bird dead. She hadn't looked good the night before. I did have a couple of niggling worries about her as I never saw her preening (we've had to wash her backside a couple of times) and she ate like a horse, and Bourkes are pretty light on feed, especially compared to other birds. She was only two months old! :hit My poor DD was heartbroken. I was tempted to take a couple of the chicks out in the aviary but I'm rushed off my feet at the moment with these cockatiels, so I said that Pinkie's next lot we will take at 2 weeks old to hand rear. Then Pinkie will have to have a break as they are only supposed to have three rounds of babies at most (although Pinkie is getting lots of help still from her daughter). I even saw one of the young boys trying to feed his father in an attempt to contribute! So cute!

I have someone coming this evening to have a look at the cockatiels we still have available. She lives very close so that's rather nice. I have three cockatiels going way down south once they are all weaned (almost to Invercargill), another going down to Whakatane (thankfully the lady is driving up to get her), and one going north up to Paihia. But considering New Zealand is so small that must seem like nothing to you guys!

@DigMyChicks did Hattie get sprayed? Poor you if so! I can't imagine what a skunk must smell like. Is there a special wash you can buy for that sort of problem?

Good morning everyone!

@JaeG so sorry about Squeaky. It's hard when we get attached and then lose them. :hugs to you and your DD.

@Teila are you getting some sunshine yet or still swimming in all the rain?

@ronott1 any chance the smoke is clearing off your way?

Other than some errands in town, I'm going to have a quiet day right here at home (yay!).

Time to get a cup of coffee!

Hi everyone - we had a bit of a sad week as on Monday I found our little Squeaky Bird dead. She hadn't looked good the night before. I did have a couple of niggling worries about her as I never saw her preening (we've had to wash her backside a couple of times) and she ate like a horse, and Bourkes are pretty light on feed, especially compared to other birds. She was only two months old! :hit My poor DD was heartbroken. I was tempted to take a couple of the chicks out in the aviary but I'm rushed off my feet at the moment with these cockatiels, so I said that Pinkie's next lot we will take at 2 weeks old to hand rear. Then Pinkie will have to have a break as they are only supposed to have three rounds of babies at most (although Pinkie is getting lots of help still from her daughter). I even saw one of the young boys trying to feed his father in an attempt to contribute! So cute!

I have someone coming this evening to have a look at the cockatiels we still have available. She lives very close so that's rather nice. I have three cockatiels going way down south once they are all weaned (almost to Invercargill), another going down to Whakatane (thankfully the lady is driving up to get her), and one going north up to Paihia. But considering New Zealand is so small that must seem like nothing to you guys!

@DigMyChicks did Hattie get sprayed? Poor you if so! I can't imagine what a skunk must smell like. Is there a special wash you can buy for that sort of problem?
Sorry about Squeaky:hitHattie got sprayed but not as bad as the side of my house. She stinks though! I hope she learned her lesson. I think there is something you can get from the vet but I’m going to let the stench wear off. I think she figured out it wasn’t a cat:lol:

Back
Top Bottom