The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Funny.jpg

:lau

Good Morning Friends :hugs

DMC your kitty pics are adorable! :love

No Christmas tree for us because of the cats who I know for sure would just destroy it.

Thank you Capricorn .. yep, had a wonderful time but, as always, good to be home.

I have been tossing up whether to share a progress pic of my latest cross stitch but as we were [late to the party, as always] talking crafts; here goes ….

This one has been in the making for the past 3 months, working on it most evenings for a couple of hours:

View attachment 1197994

Some previous efforts which I have kept, others I have given to friends and family.

View attachment 1197995

View attachment 1197998
Beautiful cross-stitch! I haven’t done any for years. I do put my stockings up as I put a lot of time into them. I had someone else sew the actual stocking together which I regretted as she did a terrible job. I was scared to do it myself after all the hours I put into them. They are not sturdy enough to put anything into them.
17C93127-9671-4F33-B2CC-77642FF08831.jpeg

Sour, sure people name plants. Most of mine have names like Nightmare, Lucille, Kryptonite, Black Magic Woman, Giggles, Snickers, Chuckles. Of course I hybridize them so pretty much have to name them. Even have one named "Cow Patty,"- an amazing bloomer.

I even used to name ordinary house plants, I had one called Eurydice- probably spelled wrong but, when I had her I still had most of my brain function. Also had Orpheus , and
Ozymandias.

@sunflour, Of course the shirts talk back. Why else would I talk to them ? :idunno

Beautiful cross-stitch! I haven’t done any for years. I do put my stockings up as I put a lot of time into them. I had someone else sew the actual stocking together which I regretted as she did a terrible job. I was scared to do it myself after all the hours I put into them. They are not sturdy enough to put anything into them.
View attachment 1199004

they are lovely - but I would fear placing them even close to the fireplace?

:lau. We have run our A/C to be able to have a fire for Christmas.

I just found this - thought I'd give you guys a laugh. It's poking fun at the kiwi accent!

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/lifestyle...tmas-ad/ar-BBFW2dY?li=AAaUOAg&ocid=spartanntp

:lau. I recently crossed paths with a family from New Jersey, the 6 year old boy could not understand me at all :gignor could I understand a single word he said.

Jae I watched that video and I was as confused as poor Santa. I think it's great that you can type "American" words so well without any accent. Have no trouble understanding you at all. :gig Good show :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom