The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

The Chinese built the western part of the first trans Atlantic railroad.

Angel Island is now a State Park. Rangers give tours of it

Ahh okay, I thought that's what it was. And it met in Utah I think.

Oh sounds cool!

:D
If it warms up I could don the tracky dacks, if I had any. Stubbies will be awhile.

3/4 hot water 1/4 espresso. Looks like really weak coffee, why bother.

I think we better go with "or someone else" since there is a 150 year span between when the Mayflower landed and the Boston Tea Party. I know some people live a long time but not THAT long.

It's been pretty warm here. Not quite sure it's warm enough for shorts though. Though I did see my first bee the other day but then it snowed the next day. Not much but still.

And hmmm, I forgot about that. Good point. We might not have had someone on the Mayflower but I think we did or maybe came later. But ya. Was definitely in the later stuff.

Blast. Guess I'll have to bum a b-day cake from someone else. :hit

I'll make you one!

Lol awww

Sorry, was really off to work. But Kdog did give you

@DigMyChicks great videos, was that Vimeo?

Yup :)

I find the words funny haha

Good Afternoon Friends :hugs

Debby Thank You, I will definitely sing out if I run in to cake trouble. I have done all the prep work I can and now it is just hoping it is OK on the day.

Michelle I am going by myself which suits me fine; I can look at what I want when I want and spend as much time as I want without feeling guilty or like I am holding someone up. Before we moved, Cappuccino’s were not a treat and easy to get but now that I am living ‘in the sticks’ and only usually get quick trips in to town, I am going to enjoy that Cappuccino.

I did not post this morning because we wanted to go in to Town early and I wanted to get some things done in the garden before the predicted afternoon storms.

So, I managed to clean the coop, kill some weeds and get the washing dry before the weather deteriorated and I am now going to leisurely do my greets and relax while the garden enjoys yet another drenching.

Today’s maximum is only predicted to be 86F and the cloud is keeping the sun from hotting up things too much.

I have babies!! Not sure if they are baby Guppies or baby Platties because they are so very tiny but I am chuffed! I am also pleased with how the ponds are going and that I could get such good pictures of tiny babies in pond water which is reasonably clear and clean; it took a while to get it set up as you know but it looks like we got it right! :clap The background is an ornamental barrel/cave:

Baby !.jpg

Baby.jpg

Just wanted to share another picture of Audrey because I love her and she has grown even more with a new leaf on the way:

24 February 2018.jpg

In Brisbane I tried many, many times to grow capsicums but they always fell off the plant before they were mature .. pretty excited about my first crop here.. Excuse the insect nibbled leaves; it is a constant battle to keep them away, apparently they like this weather also ;)

24 February 2018 E.jpg

24 February 2018 F.jpg

24 February 2018 G.jpg

Are you going to have to build them a separate coop?
Yup.
We're actually going to build several more. The one we currently have will become the brooder. We'll build one for the chanticlers, one for the buckeyes, one for the RIR we'll be getting from the culls from the lady I got the buckeyes from. If we can, we'll build one for a few turkeys too. We'll either keep the bantams with the buckeyes or leave them in the brooder, since hopefully they'll be spending a lot of time in there anyway.

Teila, those tiny babies are cute! Glad you are having more success with your capsicum. Good luck with your cake - I'm sure it will turn out beautifully. :thumbsup

Kelsey, hope you're having an awesome time in NYC!

What bantams have you got Michelle? Only coz I love bantams! I wish I could put my broody chooks to work.

Unfortunately my little Button quail that wasn't looking good died, and one of the bigger quail chicks, the Coturnix, isn't looking great. Right from the start it has cried more despite not lacking for company. That's never a good sign. Yet I've seen it eating and drinking. So I've put a few more eggs in the incubator as my DD loves it (of course)! Just don't tell DH! Shhh!

Back
Top Bottom