The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I do like to ski but haven't in at least 5 years so I don't think I'd like to start again on the much steeper and more difficult Western mountains :gig

I actually (hopefully) graduate early May so maybe I could come after graduation sometime?

I hadn't even considered the southwestern states! Good idea! Thanks. :)

Also I've always wanted to dog sled but I don't think I want my first experience seeing the western part of the country to be spent freezing my butt off lol maybe another time after I see it once first. :)

I've always wanted to see DC too but that's also probably better in late spring.

I wonder what Monterey is like?
Monterey is gorgeous
The Pacific Coast Highway is so picturesque. Lots of little towns with quaint shops etc.

Lol can you tell I used to drive trucks? I've been to every state except for AK and HI

Button quail are smaller and more flighty than coturnix.

Thanks for the info! So which do you recommend? coturnix?

I love Gallop. Albuquerque is a great city. The Carlsbad Caverns are amazing. NM is my favourite state (closely followed by WY). I love WA, but my sinuses don't.

I will have to consider going to NM or AZ.

Curious what you mean by your sinuses don't like Washington? As I have asthma though usually only when sick or in spring

I used to live in the Seattle area and did a lot of poking around.

Ohhh that makes sense.

I used to see pictures on blogs of people hiking with their dogs all over Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, and it seemed there were some cool lakes?

I do like to ski but haven't in at least 5 years so I don't think I'd like to start again on the much steeper and more difficult Western mountains :gig

I actually (hopefully) graduate early May so maybe I could come after graduation sometime?

I hadn't even considered the southwestern states! Good idea! Thanks. :)

There you go, graduate in May and celebrate by coming West! Lots to see and do then.

Monterey is gorgeous
The Pacific Coast Highway is so picturesque. Lots of little towns with quaint shops etc.

Lol can you tell I used to drive trucks? I've been to every state except for AK and HI

It sounds beautiful! I wonder if this time of year is good?

And wow that's amazing! I've always wanted to go to Alaska!

Ive only been to the northeastern states and Florida. So all of New England (Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, mostly just passed through CT though), New York, Pennsylvania, and Florida. Had layovers in GA and NJ if that counts but I don't think it does. Been to Canada and the Bahamas though a few times but those are the only places I've been haha

There you go, graduate in May and celebrate by coming West! Lots to see and do then.

That seems like a better idea anyway! Maybe plan a big trip for then and either do nothing for this break or do something less expensive. I'd like to do a big trip seeing lots of stuff out there but there's probably so much to do that idk if I could do it all in one trip?

Thanks for the info! So which do you recommend? coturnix?

I will have to consider going to NM or AZ.

Curious what you mean by your sinuses don't like Washington? As I have asthma though usually only when sick or in spring

Ohhh that makes sense.

I used to see pictures on blogs of people hiking with their dogs all over Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, and it seemed there were some cool lakes?
Eastern WA was Ok, but western WA was too damp/wet. Humidity is not a friend of my sinuses.

Eastern WA was Ok, but western WA was too damp/wet. Humidity is not a friend of my sinuses.

Ahh that makes sense. I hate the humidity. In Florida it is worse because of the heat also but I imagine Washington is bad too. I didn't think of that. One time when I got out of the airport in Florida or the Bahamas I couldn't breathe haha I think it was Florida cause Bahamas usually has breezes because of where it's located

That seems like a better idea anyway! Maybe plan a big trip for then and either do nothing for this break or do something less expensive. I'd like to do a big trip seeing lots of stuff out there but there's probably so much to do that idk if I could do it all in one trip?
If you head west in the spring you have to go to Bunyan's in Brainerd. Fantastic restaurant. They've tried to replicate an old logging camp.

I guess it all depends on how long of a trip you take!

If you head west in the spring you have to go to Bunyan's in Brainerd. Fantastic restaurant. They've tried to replicate an old logging camp.

Thanks! I'll be sure to try that. I was thinking of going to Wisconsin Dells sometime too. I saw the waterparks on TV once and my friends say it's great

Back
Top Bottom