The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good Morning Friends :hugs

92 HD’s yesterday and thanks to hubby’s snoring, I got very little sleep last night and I am more exhausted than I was yesterday and now grumpy!

This weather is getting to me too; I am tired of constantly being ‘damp’ [sounds nicer than sweaty ;)] to the point that my skin is reacting and I am itchy and scratching to bleeding .. mosquitoes and ants are annoying the *^%$ out of me and I am tired of pretty much having to do everything around here!

For example, in the morning hubby gets up, plays computers games for a while, has a shower and heads off in the air conditioned car to his air conditioned office where he liaises with 'normal' people.

I get up running on the alarm at 05:45AM, have a shower, feed the cats, clean the cat litter, change the cat water and refresh their biscuits, make the bed, top up the fish ponds, feed the chickens, change their water, turn the dirt in the run for them, clean up overnight poops etc etc and finish just in time to start work at 7AM in the non airconditioned, hottest room in the house where I get to liaise with grumpy, impolite users and have no time to myself all day, including my lunch break which is not a break at all.

When we came to the arrangement that the guys would do the cooking and I would do the dishes, I was not aware that that meant all the dishes, as in anything throughout the day, including multiple plastic containers that FIL has Jessie’s food in; hubby’s re-useable coffee cups which he brings home in lots of 3 to be washed and in which he had his cappuccino which he gets from the coffee shop every morning .. I wish!! Not only do I not get a cappuccino every morning, I get to wash the dirty cups from his!

No need to respond, I just needed to have a vent and in light of what others are going through, a petty one at that ... back to our usual programming folks :p

I hope the temps go down soon for you!

:fl Me too!

09:20AM and already it is 81.5F with a relative humidity of 96% :sick

You have all probably seen this but sharing just in case you have not .. it is a classic, very funny and pretty well sums up how I feel right now :lau [Obviously, temps are in celcius and I had to do some censoring ;)]

DIARY OF A POMMIE IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA

August 31 - Just got transferred with work from Leeds UK
to our new home in Karratha, Western Australia .
Now this is a town that knows how to live!
Beautiful, sunny days and warm, balmy evenings.
I watched the sunset from a deckchair by our pool yesterday.
It was beautiful. I've finally found my new home. I love it here.

September 13 - Really heating up now. It got to 31 today. No problem
though. Living in air-conditioned home, driving air-conditioned car.
What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a
sun-worshipper – no blasted rain like back in Leeds!!

September 30 - Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants
today. Lots of palms and rocks. No more mowing lawns for me! Another
scorcher today, but I love it here. It’s Paradise!

October 10 - The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do
people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's windy though.
Keeps the flies off a bit. Acclimatizing is taking longer than we expected.

October 15 - Fell asleep by the pool yesterday. Got third degree burns
over 60% of my body. Missed three days off work. What a dumb thing
to do. Got to respect the old sun in a climate like this!

October 20 - Didn't notice Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car before I
left for work this morning. By the time I got back to the car after work,
Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stuck
to the upholstery. The car now smells like Whiskettes and cat shit. I've
learned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat.

October 25 - This wind is a [censored]. It feels like a giant [censored] blow
dryer. And it's hot as [censored]! The home air conditioner is on the blink
and the repair man charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs
to order parts from [censored] Perth ....The wife & the kids are complaining.

October 30 - The temperature's up around 40 and the parts still haven't
arrived for the [censored] air conditioner. House is an oven so we’ve all been
sleeping outside by the pool for 3 nights now. [censored] $600,000 house
and we can't even go inside. Why the [censored] did I ever come here?

November 4 - Finally got the [censored] air-conditioner fixed. It cost $1,500 and
gets the temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the humidity makes it
feel about 35. Stupid repairman. [censored] thief.

November 8 - If one more smart [censored] says 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm
going to [censored] throttle him. [censored] heat! By the time I get to work, the car
radiator is boiling over, my [censored] clothes are soaking [censored] wet and I
smell like baked cat. [censored] place is the end of the Earth.

November 9 - Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat on the
black leather upholstery in my car. I thought my [censored] butt was on fire. I lost 2
layers of flesh, all the hair on the backs of my legs and off my [censored] butt. Now
the car smells like burnt hair, fried butt and baked cat. [censored] [censored] [censored]

November 10 -– The Weather report might as well be a [censored] recording.
Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny, Hot and [censored] sunny. It never [censored] changes!
It's been too hot to do anything for 2 [censored] months and the weatherman says it
might really warm up next week. [censored]!

November 15 - Doesn't it ever rain in this damn [censored] place? Water restrictions
will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms might just dry up and blow into the [censored] pool. The only things that thrive in this [censored] [censored]-hole are the [censored] flies. You don't dare open your mouth for fear of swallowing half a dozen of the little [censored]!

November 20 - Welcome to [censored]! It got to 45 [censored] degrees today. Now the air conditioner's gone in my car. The repair man came to fix it and said, 'Hot enough for you today?' I wanted to shove the [censored] car up his [censored]. Anyway, had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail me out of jail for assaulting the stupid idiot. [censored] Karratha! What kind of sick, demented [censored] idiot would want to live here!

December 1 - WHAT!!!! The FIRST day of Summer!!!! You are [censored] kidding me!

My mother is a born shopper too. She sees it as a form of entertainment and will spend hours (and hours and hours) doing it. Dad used to get mad at her for all the money she spent and her reply was always "look at how much I saved".

I think my hate of shopping is a result of growing up in a divided household (shopper vs. saver).

I'll do it when I have to but I do not enjoy it (there's only one exception, put me in a kitchen or restaurant supply store and I'll check out everything :cool:).

My Dad is like that! Can't resist a 'bargain' despite the product being unnecessary or not useful to anyone. :confused:

When is a bargain not a bargain? When you do not need the item purchased!

Exactly! I don't get it. It's like gamblers that spend $100 to win $5, then they're all excited about "winning".

Mom once found a sale on leather women's purses. She bought 9 of them! Then tried to give them away to all us females in the family, because they were such a "bargain". :idunno

Lol sounds like my mom

Thankfully she usually just goes to Saver's or the dump so stuff is usually cheap or free, she's not one of the women that buys brand new clothes every week or anything

BUT

She does still spend a lot because she buys stuff at Saver's or thrift stores we don't actually need.

And fill the house with stuff from the dump. Yeah it's free but we don't need any of it sooo??

I think I inherited the spending lol

My brother is obsessive about money/saving and stocks and all that crap.

My other brother I think is pretty good but has been going on lots of trips lately.

Also even though the older one acts so good with money and doesn't spend that often, he'll spend it on weird stuff like a super expensive pair of skis, like powder ones, or a new coat or stuff like that.

And sometimes takes our stuff hah

Back
Top Bottom