The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good Morning Friends :hugs

92 HD’s yesterday and thanks to hubby’s snoring, I got very little sleep last night and I am more exhausted than I was yesterday and now grumpy!

This weather is getting to me too; I am tired of constantly being ‘damp’ [sounds nicer than sweaty ;)] to the point that my skin is reacting and I am itchy and scratching to bleeding .. mosquitoes and ants are annoying the *^%$ out of me and I am tired of pretty much having to do everything around here!

For example, in the morning hubby gets up, plays computers games for a while, has a shower and heads off in the air conditioned car to his air conditioned office where he liaises with 'normal' people.

I get up running on the alarm at 05:45AM, have a shower, feed the cats, clean the cat litter, change the cat water and refresh their biscuits, make the bed, top up the fish ponds, feed the chickens, change their water, turn the dirt in the run for them, clean up overnight poops etc etc and finish just in time to start work at 7AM in the non airconditioned, hottest room in the house where I get to liaise with grumpy, impolite users and have no time to myself all day, including my lunch break which is not a break at all.

When we came to the arrangement that the guys would do the cooking and I would do the dishes, I was not aware that that meant all the dishes, as in anything throughout the day, including multiple plastic containers that FIL has Jessie’s food in; hubby’s re-useable coffee cups which he brings home in lots of 3 to be washed and in which he had his cappuccino which he gets from the coffee shop every morning .. I wish!! Not only do I not get a cappuccino every morning, I get to wash the dirty cups from his!

No need to respond, I just needed to have a vent and in light of what others are going through, a petty one at that ... back to our usual programming folks :p
Vent all you want, that’s what friends are for!! :hugsI need spring! I’m getting cranky(er)

This morning I found another mangled, half eaten quail male in my all males ground cage. :( There's a wire patch hubby had put on the side where we had extended the run (now we just have the smaller, solid bottomed run) and the damn rats have been chewing at it (without me noticing) but have eventually forced themselves between it and the old wire underneath to get in and out. They've been trying to dig underneath as well! There's nothing to attach the patch to on one side but we thought a big overlap would be ok. So now it is zip tied (what did we do without those things). :barnie Hopefully that will hold them off for a little while at least.

Anyway, here are some cute little quail:
Proud Daddy.jpg
Proud Daddy quail

White Coturnix.jpg Chimera.jpg
I love the white Coturnix chicks - they looks so fluffy. Chimera is starting to get some feathers - still not sure what colour she's (here's hoping) going to be.

@Teila we all have those moments. :hugs Hopefully you'll get some autumn weather soon (or is it too tropical an area for that?). It's definitely starting to cool down here a bit, or it could just be that after the very hot weather we've been having a high of 24C (75.2F), plus much less humidity, it feels rather pleasant. The house is lovely and cool at least. I read an article that NZ's temperatures haven't fallen below the 'average' for 14 months (sounds like we need some new 'averages').

Too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, snow, hail, rain, wind...I’m gonna find me a Goldilocks place somewhere, Park my hiney there, and invite alllll my friends to join me..........so you all better be REAL nice to me!!! :old

Blooie, ole buddy ole pal :hugs Coffee? Cake? Slippers? ;)

Actually, I am moving to Elsewhere! Whenever I see a weather report they say "Elsewhere, fine".

[Yeah, I know, corny and unoriginal but I am tired, work with me here :p]

Back
Top Bottom