The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Ken says if we get we were going it's all good. Um, yeah.....hard on the nerves though!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    I'd take a hip flask of your favourite tipple on your next safari!

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Enjoy your President's Day everyone!

4. DigMyChicks

DigMyChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2015
    Appleton, MN
    I don't like wrestling either but good for him!!

5. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    As much as I didn't care for the cutting weight part of wrestling....it was the only sport my youngest son cared about or was good at. Without it I feel he would have been finding ways to get into trouble. It kept him and his much more responsible older brother close. My oldest son even coached for his brothers team while he was in college. I believe it taught my youngest discipline and focus. Something it took the military to teach me. Without that I would have died of drugs or drinking a long time ago.
    My youngest son went on to compete for first in state. With his brother by his side. He went on to lose that match. Although if you watch the film he pinned his opponent the ref didn't see it. We used to follow them around from match to match....so as much as I dislike the sport for the constant weigh loss....and injuries. (My oldest suffered a broken collar bone in a match). They both learned principles that benefited them in adult hood.
    Having seen this I'm sure your grandson, Sour is learning life lessons too. Because it takes a lot of personal discipline to make weight and push through an injury.......Phil

6. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    The Canadians my husband works for give him today off of work, going to do our shopping.

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Still have the "found" pup, the shelters around here are full (unless you want them to euthanize and we don't). Here's the big sweetie!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He likes to cuddle. Earlier today he was trying to sit on my lap and wouldn't fit so he settled for leaning on me.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  8. DigMyChicks

DigMyChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2015
    Appleton, MN
    He looks to be well taken care of, I can't imagine no one is looking for him.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Debby, did any of the shelters/rescues offer to scan him for a micro chip?

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Yes, he doesn't have one. I did post his picture and story on the FL state thread, long shot but just in case someone recognized him. The humane shelter offered to take him but only to euthanize and the local rescue people don't have room for any more dogs but they said to check back in a couple weeks. Heck, by then we'll be too attached to let him go. DH came home from work tonight with a new collar, leash, chew toy, brush and food bowl. He said hello to the dog before he said hi to me, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by