The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I have a party tonight for a friend's sister. Surprise party.

Also my brother got engaged last night.

IMG956096.jpg

Somewhat funny story though. So they were in I think NH skiing and they took the dog with them and they were supposed to stay overnight last night but then I guess the dog got injured so they had to come home. They let her hike up the mountain and then they both skiied down and so Libby was running alongside them and I guess got too close to my brother's ski? So he accidentally hit her. He then had to carry her down the mountain (thankfully I don't think they went very high up) and they took her to a vet around there. She had to get 4 stitches. Thankfully they have pet insurance for her. They also have a pet sitter come twice a week haha so anyway, then they I guess had to come home. I don't see why they couldn't have just stayed and then come home today but yeah.

Not exactly a "funny" story per se cause it's sad she got hurt (even though it sounds like a pretty minor injury) but just a "funny" or odd and memorable engagement for sure. :lau

The other funny part is why here and not in British Columbia when they went to Revelstoke earlier this month? But they both love NH so maybe he figured it'd be more meaningful? Or maybe they wanted the dog to be there? But still. Somewhat, imo, anticlimactic to do it after the big gorgeous trip LOL

But no matter, they're both happy and I'm happy for them as she's a great girl and they really work together and have a lot in common. :)

For example, they both love the outdoors and biking, hiking, skiing, that sort of thing. He actually wasn't that into biking before but loved the other two but she's a big biker and has gotten him into it more. Mountain biking and such.

Poor Libby, has your brother ever had a dog before.? If they are loose, for sure they will try to keep pace. She is just too sweet to get hurt like that, even if just a few stitches.:hit

He's never had his own dog but they both grew up around dogs. We had a Golden (who I barely remember but he was a lot older), then we had a Yellow Lab who we had essentially our whole childhood as we got him when he was 18 months old and put him down in 2009 at I think 12 or 13, and then now we have Gator who we got in 2012. She had an Australian Shepherd and then I think some sort of terrier or little mix? So been around dogs but never owned their own. And not into training like I am, I find it fun haha

But keeping pace is for sure true and actually what caused the accident. It turns out, she was actually the one who hit her, not that it matters, but what happened was apparently my brother was behind and she was ahead and I guess Libby wanted to catch up to her and charged ahead and I guess got a little too excited to catch up? Cause she got right up next to her. She has a cone on her head. :( I think she hit her paw but idk.

Good Morning Friends :hugs

I am pleased you had a good day at Rock Springs Deb.

Aaaw Michelle, sorry, I do not know what is wrong with your girl but do hope that she recovers.

Congratulations to your brother and his fiancé Kelsey :clap

OK, please make it stop! :bow Still raining and 195mm or 7.5 inches in 48 hours. Local flooding again but we are OK, if not a little damp.

Raining.jpg

Stay safe @Teila - is it moving away or dragging its feet?

DD have you voted on this thread?: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ice-cream-lovers-united.1230223/ :p

Kelsey, congrats to your brother and new (almost) SIL (that's a gorgeous ring) - poor Libby though. She might need a bit of training if they want her to be the ring bearer for the ceremony or something. Wouldn't that be cute?!

He's never had his own dog but they both grew up around dogs. We had a Golden (who I barely remember but he was a lot older), then we had a Yellow Lab who we had essentially our whole childhood as we got him when he was 18 months old and put him down in 2009 at I think 12 or 13, and then now we have Gator who we got in 2012. She had an Australian Shepherd and then I think some sort of terrier or little mix? So been around dogs but never owned their own. And not into training like I am, I find it fun haha

But keeping pace is for sure true and actually what caused the accident. It turns out, she was actually the one who hit her, not that it matters, but what happened was apparently my brother was behind and she was ahead and I guess Libby wanted to catch up to her and charged ahead and I guess got a little too excited to catch up? Cause she got right up next to her. She has a cone on her head. :( I think she hit her paw but idk.
Its a shame they took the dog along, not a good experience for the poor thing. Maybe next time they will do better. Congrats to them on the engagement.

Stay safe @Teila - is it moving away or dragging its feet?

Dragging it's feet with no end in sight for the rest of today, more rain tomorrow and starting to clear on Wednesday is the prediction at this stage. FB rumour has it that we are cut off from Townsville again and the already full Herbert River and creeks from the flooding are starting to break banks and breach roads again :( Again just rumour but I was reading that the main street of Ingham may be at risk again.

Cap I hope you feel better :hugs After affects from what would have been a stressful few weeks? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom