The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I'm rather proud of myself. DS told me he'd seen a rat down the back "and it wasn't in the trap"! I told him to stay away from it. Later I saw it so I grabbed a bit of wood and whacked it on the head. It was dozy from eating the poison which was good because I have terrible aim! It's body was as big as my foot!

I think I've talked DH into getting a whippet to be my ratter/rabbiter as we'll need one in the country (our poor country is overrun with both, plus we have stoats and other than hawks there's nothing to eat them). I'm not sure I could cope with a terrier but a sight hound knows how to blob out when it's not work time. We couldn't afford to register two dogs in Auckland. It's a third of the price for dog registration where we are looking at going!

How are the keets hatching Cap? Have you got buyers lined up for them?

Michelle, you are putting us to shame. We need to get stuck in and get this place painted. I've been sanding all the doorframes in preparation for painting as they are all new and needed filling.
One keet hatched, one pipping. Yes, two people wanting some. Plus i would like to keep some pied.
How old do quail need to be before no light is needed? They are under 60W right now. I forget, its been years!

One keet hatched, one pipping. Yes, two people wanting some. Plus i would like to keep some pied.
How old do quail need to be before no light is needed? They are under 60W right now. I forget, its been years!

I turn it off at 3-4 weeks (3 weeks in the heat of summer, 4 weeks if it's a bit cooler). Once they are fully feathered they are fine.

Back
Top Bottom