The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

You are too young to be retired ;) Adults have to do the things that need to be done when they need to be done. "Fun" comes second. There are occasions when your schedule can and should be rearranged and the "must do" things still get done. DD2 is a horrendous procrastinator, always has been. She managed to graduate college in 4 years, just missed getting honors though she could and should have. I'm willing to bet she did as you have been doing since it has been her MO since grade school. The more time she has to do something (and those are usually long term projects BECAUSE they require a fair amount of time to do properly) the longer she waits to start.

Here is a suggestion - surgically remove that phone. Only turn it on when you are out and someone might need to contact you. Turn it off when you get home, people can call you on the house phone. Or if your phone is the only way people contact you, turn it off at 9 PM and stick it in a drawer you can't reach from the bed. There is pretty much nothing you need to know about overnight that can't wait until morning. Some people have gotten into the habit of instant gratification, if they send you a text you HAVE to respond IMMEDIATELY. Well too bad, maybe they can get control of their own life if that doesn't happen.

Thanks, that's a good post. Feels weird doing that though cause everyone's on their phone these days and also I definitely don't go to bed at 9 and don't think I ever would haha but maybe I could turn it off at 10, 11, 12, something like that, and sleep. Cause often I'm in bed but then get on it for hours.

Also, I am on a lot of social media, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc., so I don't know that I could/should cut it totally BUT maybe I could just severely limit my time.

The problem now is the instant gratification thing like you said because Twitter used to show tweets from all day then they introduced a "what you missed" thing then they shortened it to 2 hours and now they shortened to 1 hour aka the newsfeed only goes back 1 hour. If you miss it, too bad. And the what you missed thing is now often tweets from less than an hour ago, sometimes as short as 1 minute! It did that once. And it shows tweets other people like. It's all VERY annoying! Makes it so you can't just turn it off or you miss a ton. They're real jerks like that and I HATE it. I swear they do it on purpose.

I also have a lot of friends that I only see/talk to online and/or bands I follow that I might miss show announcements, albums or songs, etc.

But I suppose real life should be more important. And I could always check the venue websites instead....

I think that I should limit it some for sure, your suggestions were good, I just don't think it's necessarily practical in this age. At least with my generation/age and how into music I am.

But I should try to limit it or maybe limit it at least during the school year? Or like when I am out, don't check it? And only check it certain times at home?

@KDOGG331 now that school is over, why not get a job? That will give your day some structure and bosses will insist on schedules/deadlines being met.

Thanks, another good idea.

I've thought of that but don't want to as I'm afraid it would interfere with my concert schedules... hah stupid, I know.

I might find a job or at least volunteer somewhere and I am still planning on trying to do something with the chickens and/or finding something tp make or sell.

I'm also now gonna be walking DB+FSIL dog every Tuesday.

Good Morning Friends :hugs

Kelsey ‘The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new’

Blooie waiting with you to hear some good news! :hugs

Thanks, that makes sense.

I gotta do something.

Just not sure if it's gonna be quite so extreme but I'll figure it out hah

Hung with Libby today. Had her in the car briefly but then my brother called and I came back ha

20180515_133531.jpg 20180515_133809.jpg 20180515_144946.jpg 20180515_145031.jpg 20180515_145310.jpg 20180515_145403.jpg 20180515_145434.jpg 20180515_151058.jpg 20180515_151345.jpg 20180515_151414.jpg 20180515_151517.jpg

Hung with Libby today. Had her in the car briefly but then my brother called and I came back ha
That was pretty darn rude of them to steal their dog from you! ;)
Looks like she was having fun on her hike.

I ain’t a good waiterer
Perhaps not but I bet you would be a good waiter, you are very conscientious.

I need a good thump upside the head :smack
Looks like you took care of that yourself.

I've thought of that but don't want to as I'm afraid it would interfere with my concert schedules... hah stupid, I know.
Um sorry but :smack

That was pretty darn rude of them to steal their dog from you! ;)
Looks like she was having fun on her hike.

Perhaps not but I bet you would be a good waiter, you are very conscientious.

Looks like you took care of that yourself.

Um sorry but :smack

Lol well apparently they didn't want me driving around with her lol oh well, they're paying me so hah so i walked her instead.

And yeah she loved it! Met lots of dogs and I guess she was really good and stayed right behind them or next to them the whole time, usually between both of them (my brother is a faster hiker). She only went ahead a few times but then stopped and waited. And I guess one of the times she only went ahead cause it was getting tiring walking behind FSIL cause there was snow on part of the trail so she'd go ahead.

I guess there were some little rivers too and one of them DB had to carry her across, which the harness is great for that, but the other ones she ran across fine. I guess one of them was a little bit fast, like rapids or something, and they were gonna carry her but then a yellow Lab came by and went running through it so then she bounded right after him! I thought that was a cute story haha

But yeah. She loves it and is very good apparently.

And yeahhhh... I know haha I'll probably get one if I can't figure out how to make money elsewhere first

I'm still waiting for that call. Now I'm getting nervous. She said she'd call today, and she emphasized today. I told her that it took 4 phone calls and me stopping by the sleep clinic today before my appointment with her to get the results of a sleep study that was done on April 4th and that was unacceptable. I said "If you aren't going to call, don't tell me you will. I'm not here to be shoved from corner to corner."

She again assured me, "No, I will call today. I have both your home and cell numbers. You are not symptomatic of anything going on so I expect that the scan will be read and interpreted very easily." So now am I supposed to infer that no call means it wasn't quite as cut and dried as she thought? Did she just forget to call and leave the office? Grrrrrr I hate hanging out to dry. At the very least she could have called and simply said that they were still looking, or that they got busy...or kiss my hiney, nobody cares if you have cancer. Something. And the number on her card takes me to the main switchboard.

Sorry, just makes me crazy to sit here like this. If she wasn't sure she shouldn't have said anything. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom