The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Evening all :frow It's official... Come 7/9 I should have more byc time....
1d4c21e6_smilies-3434.png

@Blooie Fiona isn't scared of you - she respects you. Our dog will sometimes look at me to confirm that what hubby says is actually what she's allowed to do :oops:. Fiona is so gorgeous! :love

Looking forward to seeing more of you @rjohns39

Your tree would scare me too DMC. My Nan had to get a huge Norfolk Pine removed from her property. It was almost a landmark it was so enormous but it started dropping branches so it wasn't safe.

Unfortunately one dove baby has died before it started unzipping but the other is working on breaking out. I'm actually quite glad as one baby for first time parents is probably plenty (plus I might get to keep it if it's only one). It's a horribly cold day here. I'm not sure whether to remove the egg that has died or leave it in as a hot water bottle for now. I might remove it once the baby has hatched so that it's not competing for warmth with something that no longer needs it, especially with the weather turning chilly.

Did you know that drinking hot beverages on a hot day is better for you? Not as much of a shock to your system, and it'll warm up your core a bit so that you don't feel the heat quite as much.

Huh, I never knew that. That's good to know! Thanks for the tip

:hit I have cute baby dove photos but they are stuck on my new phone which isn't playing ball linking up with our computer (not that I am tech savvy in any way, shape or form). I'll have to get DH to sort it out.

But baby Winter is hungry and Tilly is eager to feed it. At one point I did have to interfere as baby managed to flip onto its back and Tilly was trying to feed a foot! Tilly was not impressed at my intrusion but she wasn't spooked thankfully and was holding her ground. It gave me a chance to slip a bit more straw in the nest so baby had firmer footing too, so it shouldn't happen again. Doves really are terrible nest makers.

:hit I have cute baby dove photos but they are stuck on my new phone which isn't playing ball linking up with our computer (not that I am tech savvy in any way, shape or form). I'll have to get DH to sort it out.

But baby Winter is hungry and Tilly is eager to feed it. At one point I did have to interfere as baby managed to flip onto its back and Tilly was trying to feed a foot! Tilly was not impressed at my intrusion but she wasn't spooked thankfully and was holding her ground. It gave me a chance to slip a bit more straw in the nest so baby had firmer footing too, so it shouldn't happen again. Doves really are terrible nest makers.
How Sweet!

Back
Top Bottom