The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Yep. We drove a huge old '64 Pontiac Catalina and & fill ups were around $3.00 to $4.00, depending on how low the tank was.

Edited: But you have to also realize that everything was less back then......including pay checks. I earned $.25 cents an hour babysitting.

Wow I wish it was still that cheap!

But yeah, that's true. Cause of inflation now things are higher right?

OMG! That's ridiculous!! $2.99 seems high to me cause I remember when or was like $2 or less :p
Bet you don't remember when it first hit $2/gallon in 2003 and everyone was going nuts because we would all go broke buying gas. And then it went to $3 and then $4. We didn't go broke and people kept buying gas hogs.

Edited: But you have to also realize that everything was less back then......including pay checks. I earned $.25 cents an hour babysitting.
And that big old Catalina got maybe 12 MPG on the highway and cost $3K, not cheap at the time.

Not quite that high... $1.30 x 4 is $5.20.
Kinda ;)
A litre/liter is .264 gallons or 1 gallon = 3.79 litre/liters. At $1.30/litre that would be $4.93/gallon. But that is Canadian dollars so about $3.70/gallon US. Starting to sound better ;) Until you see that gas is under $2.50 in many parts of the US and the average is around $2.70. Yep that extra $1/gallon adds up when you fill the tank in Canada!

Isn't it illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon?
Mostly. They passed a law a few years ago that you can pump your own in areas where stations are few and far between and not open at night. Can't be running out of gas in the middle of nowhere on a trip and have to sleep in the car until the station opens up in the morning. BUT you can only pump your own when the station is closed - wait, isn't that an oxymoron?? OK, you can only pump your own when the station is "unmanned".

Back
Top Bottom